Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smitty69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 05:14 AM
    Relocate in-slab copper supply lines
    I am removing the tub/shower from our master bath (ground floor; slab foundation); replacing the shower/tub with a luxurious shower. The copper supply lines need to be moved 18 inches to accommodate the new shower. The supply lines are in slab. If the answer already exists in the forum, please indicate. Otherwise, please provide direction on most practical way(s) to relocate the in-slab 1/2'' copper supply lines.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 20, 2010, 05:53 AM
    Hey Smitty,
    I don't see where you have any options but to open up the slab wth a cement saw, bend the soft copper over under the slab, run 18 inches and bend upwards out of the slab sleeving the copper with Armoflex all the way under the slab and a few inches above the cement patch you'll have to make.
    My code frowns on joints under the slab so instead of using a solder or Sharkbite fitting to make the bend go to a Plumbing Supply House and purchase a 1`2" bending spring, (see image) and a ;5 foot length of Armoflex, (see image) to protect the copper. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting Copper Supply Lines to Brass Supply Lines [ 3 Answers ]

I have just started remodeling my kitchen and am looking to move my kitchen sink further down the wall. The kitchen is completely gutted at this point. The supply lines in my house are all brass. I'm looking to stem off the brass lines using copper tubing. Is it possible to cut the brass supply...

Changed out radiator w/copper supply baseboard w/ pex supply [ 2 Answers ]

And there is no heat in eminating from this baseboard. This was done in one room only and off the original radiator line.the system is all hotwater radiator w/the exception of this one room. We did not change the original heating supply line to this but added valves and then the pex. Seems the hot...

How to relocate sink/plumbing in concrete slab home? [ 3 Answers ]

My house has a concrete slab foundation, and I am considering a kitchen renovation in which I would like to relocate the sink/dishwasher. I currently have a G-shaped kitchen with the plumbing located on a half wall that overlooks the family room. To obtain more kitchen space, I'd like to move the...

Supply lines [ 3 Answers ]

Just a question regarding supply lines. I'm pretty sure I'm going with CPVC for the supply side. Planned on making a 3/4" or 1" manifold then branching off that with 3/4" for the main lines with 1/2" for all my fixtures. I have to supply 2 full baths, 1 kitchen and to outside spickets. Can I...

Supply lines for new construction on slab. [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to build a new house on slab foundation in Georgia. My question is can I run my main water supply line in a 2" schedule 40 to an interior wall up to the attic and drop down my water supply lines to each fixture or do they have to all run to the exact locations under the concrete? I...

View more questions Search