Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kickyshell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 02:07 PM
    FluidMaster Tank Level Too High
    My water level is to high and the toilet won't stop running, that, or the water won't stop running. My insides look like the picture above. How do I get the water to stop running? It even sounds like its running when I turn the water off at the valve.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 4, 2012, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kickyshell View Post
    My water level is to high and the toilet won't stop running, that, or the water won't stop running. My insides look like the picture above. How do I get the water to stop running? It even sounds like its running when I turn the water off at the valve.
    Hi Kickyshell and Welcome to The Plumbing Page. At AskMeHelpDesk.com. You're responding to a 4 year old dead thread so I gave you one of your own. Look in then upper left hand corner of the first post form the date in the first post before you post, Thanks,
    You have a FluidMaster ballcock with a float can that rides up and down on wires. First make sure the top of the ballcock is at least a inch over the white overflow.
    Now check then diagram and see the adjustment clip. Squeeze the clip and lower the float to lower the tank level. If you raise the float it will raise the tank level. Good luck, Tom PS. You do know you only have to post the same question once to get a answer.
    Attached Images

kickyshell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 04:36 PM
    Okay, I moved the clamp down to lower the water level, and the water still kept flowing and didn't stop. The water is flowing over the pipe that the water is spayed into. The only way I can get the water to stop is to turn the valve off under the toilet. Any other suggestions?
    I posted twice because I noticed that the first one was on someone else's question and it was old. Didn't know if it would be seen.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 5, 2012, 07:55 AM
    Sounds like you have a faulty ballcock. Replace it and your troubles will disappear. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fluidmaster 400 (only 6 months old) flushes & fills tank, but bowl only fills a bit [ 7 Answers ]

I've read the other answers here, but they don't seem to match my experience. Got a Fluidmaster 400 inside the tank, and it's only 6 months old. Bowl was re-filling fine before, but ever since my wife had to plunge a clog (pregnancy has ugly side effects, you know?) it has only re-filled maybe...

My fluidmaster tank will not fill and when I run water in the sink the tanks fill? [ 1 Answers ]

My tank will not fill after flushing ( not the bowl) however when I run water into the sink it fills

Fluidmaster toilet fill valve 200 ax water level [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a fluidmaster 200ax and lost the installation instructions, can't find them anywhere on the web, I got everything set up, all that is troubling me is adjusting water level, funny the box says "easy water leveling" but I can't find how to make it stop filling.

When Baking, is "High Altitude" Considered to be from Sea Level or Ground Level? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, All! The title is my basic question. I see this a lot on the packages of things that we might bake about options to use if we would like what we might bake to be a certain way according to whether we're baking at a high altitude or not. Where I live, we're over 5,000 feet above sea...

How high is high blood urea level [ 1 Answers ]

How serious isBlood urea level of 170

View more questions Search