Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Denira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2013, 07:32 PM
    Space between tub spout and wall
    We have about an inch space b/t our tub spout and wall. We are in the middle of a remodel. How do we fix it?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2013, 04:16 AM
    Use a shorter pipe coming through the wall.

With the limited amount of info you gave us, would assume that pipe is too long.

Chuck
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2013, 09:36 AM
    Am not sure what type of spout you have slip on or threaded one see the images and you can figure out the dimensions, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change threaded tub spout to slip on type tub spout? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to change the tub spout from the thread on type to the slip on type. Does the thread on type have a thread inside the wall that I can take out and install a 1/2" copper line with MIP?

Tub spout leaks at wall [ 4 Answers ]

I have this same problem. I had a new tub wall insert put in. The copper supply pipe is too short. I have the second type of spout shown above. It has an Allen wrench set screw. I think what is happening is the pipe is not making it to the O ring and water is bouncing back. I can't solder a new...

Can I replace a slip on tub spout with no diverter to a tub spout with a diverter? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a slip on tub spout that has no diverter. I would like to exchange this tub spout with one that has a diverter.

Tub spout leaks at wall [ 9 Answers ]

I just installed a new tub with a tiled surround. The fixtures are brand new. I have a single handled water control and the shower diverter is operated by a pull rod on the tub spout. This is my question. When I lift the diverter to run the shower, I get water running out the back of the spout...

Replacing tub spout but pipe not square with wall [ 12 Answers ]

I took off the old tub spout and am replacing it with a new one... just a simple universal one that has a diverter. Thought that this would be an easy task, but the pipe stub isn't square with the wall, so when the spout is installed, there is about a 1/4" gap on the top between the wall and the...

View more questions Search