Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goosecreek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Electric main hookup
    I have overhead electric service 150 ft to a pole with a meter then another 150 ft underground to the house. I have now built a garage near the meter pole. I want to transfer the meter to the transformer pole and bury the overhead , comeing up at the garage and then split it to the garage and the house. Is there some kind of a connector box that I can use and come in with the 200 amp main line and split it out 100 amp to garage and the 200 amp line to the house?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Sure, it's called a feed-through panel.

Do you own this pole with the transformer? If not it is highly unlikely you can put the meter on it.

You can get a feed-through panel with a built in meter section. They are great. I use them quite often.
    benaround Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 7, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by goosecreek
    I have overhead electric service 150 ft to a pole with a meter then another 150 ft underground to the house. I have now built a garage near the meter pole. I want to transfer the meter to the transformer pole and bury the overhead , comeing up at the garage and then split it to the garage and the house. Is there some kind of a connector box that I can use and come in with the 200 amp main line and split it out 100 amp to garage and the 200 amp line to the house?
    goosecreek, You need an Electrician, or Electrical Contractor to do this kind of work.

Frank

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Is Ring Main Unit & Its Role In Electric Power Distribution [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen Ring Main Units in various single line diagrams of electric substations. Can you help me in understanding the role and types of RMU and its essentiality in power distribution. Also I have seen in single line diagrams OLU and HFU units shown with RMU. What is this? Can you please...

Electric Dryer Hookup [ 24 Answers ]

I need to replace an electric dryer. The old dryer is hard wired. What is the code for hooking up the new dryer?

Laptop won't hookup to cable high-speed through main computer [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I give. I've tried everything and I still can't hookup to the internet. I need help. I have a cable modem & D-Link router on main computer. My work computer works fine in the dining room. I just picked up a used laptop for personal use and it won't work. I'm not real computer savvy so...

Adding main electric panel in multi-family house [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just but a two-family (two levels) house in Gibbstown, NJ. The house only has one main circuit breaker panel feeding both apartments. My plan is to live in one unit and rent the other unit. Currently the house only has one electric power meter and one circuit breaker box. The meter...

Ring Main Questions Re:Macerator & Instananeous Electric Shower Installation [ 4 Answers ]

What should a Macerator be directly connected to , a Fused-Spur or the Consumer Unit ? When working on a Macerator, do I disconnect at the Appliance or isolate at the Consumer Unit to ensure I am working safely ?

View more questions Search