Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mohd1981 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Toilet drain trap
    Where is the best place to place a drain trap in a toilet?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 24, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohd1981 View Post
    Where is the best place to place a drain trap in a toilet?
    You don't need a trap on a toilet. The bowl has one built in. Regards, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 24, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Yep, Tom's spot on, its called an integral trap. That's the funny goose neck looking shape when you look at the toilet from the side.If you installed another trap chances are it will not flush completely, ever
    Mohd1981 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 01:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    You don't need a trap on a toilet. The bowl has one built in. Regards, Tom
    Maybe I was not being clear. I don't mean the trap for the WC. Rather the Floor Drain Trap in a toilet/bathroom, again in the case of draining water after mopping/washing bathroom, etc...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 25, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohd1981 View Post
    Maybe I was not being clear. I dont mean the trap for the WC. Rather the Floor Drain Trap in a toilet/bathroom, again in the case of draining water after mopping/washing bathroom, etc...
    Ahh! So you're asking about a floor drain. Most floor drains also have a built in trap. Next question, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flange as floor drain... trap? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an unused, capped off toilet flange on an existing slab floor; I use this as a floor drain. The only issue is that it lacks any kind of trap to block sewer gas from entering the room... it's simply a direct drop. Is there any kind of a trap I can buy for the existing (I think it's 4")...

Connecting to 1 1/2" copper drain with pvc kitchen sink drain trap [ 8 Answers ]

I'm trying to rehook up the kitchen sink pvc trap to the old copper drain pipe but the connector doesn't fit tight enough and the water links out. Any ideas how to stop this leak?

P-trap GAP - p-trap too low to meet sink drain extension [ 13 Answers ]

I just took an old crane drexel sink off the wall and replaced it for the time being ( I want to fix the older sink) with a cheap vanity/sink set. All that was easy enough, but now to my chagrin I can't finish the job. The p trap is too low, the extension pipe from the sink doesn't go all...

View more questions Search