Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    td1616polan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 01:10 AM
    We just turned off our water main to fix a leak. Will it affect our radiant heat?
    We just had to turn off our water main in the middle of the night to fix a leak. We have radiant heat - old radiators throughout the house, but with a furnace, not a boiler. Will having the water turned off affect our heat?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 02:18 AM

Welcome td

No, water in heating system separate from hot and cold water to faucets.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water pressure in one shower after main turned on/off [ 1 Answers ]

I have been unable to find anything specific to our issue. Here it is. Last week the water softener guy came to change out the tank while I was in taking a shower. When he turned off the main the water trickled to nothing. I turned off the shower, waited a few minutes and started it up again....

Is our radiant heat system heating our domestic water lines? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a radiant heat system installed 2 years ago as part of a remodel of our daylight rambler. The downstairs is heated by radiators, the upstairs by the in floor system. The tubing for the radiant system is clipped to the subfloor of the upstairs in the same interstitial space as the domestic...

In floor radiant heat vs. Hot water base board [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a home built in 1960 which is heated by hot water base board heat. I am currently renovating the house and am looking at the possibility of installing in floor radiant hot water heat for the second floor. I would install this in the floor joists in the basement before I finish the...

Main water shut off leak [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, I was curious to know if the main shut off in the house has to be "full" open or "full" closed to prevent leaks. I recently added a bathrrom on the third floor, no problems, then I needed to tie in a laundry room and shut off the main for about 1 hour, and turned it back on, 3 days later...

Is it possible to fix a leak without turning off water source? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in an apartment and the water shut off valve is in the apt next to mine; in order to reach the valve, we would have to break through dry wall.:eek:

View more questions Search