Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keller34 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 04:14 PM
    White rogers thermostat issue
    I have a White rogers thermostat model 1F58W-77 and the wires I have that are hooked up right now are:

RED-R
    GREEN-G
    YELLOW-Y
    WHITE-W1
    BLACK-X1
    ORANGE-O

What I am trying to do is replace it with a honeywell T8400c. The manual says only 5 wire but this one I guess is the old one that has 6 wires. It has hook ups like this:

O
    W
    Y
    B
    G
    R jumped with Rc

Any idea how this would hook up cause hooking it up like this:

O-O
    Y-Y
    R-R
    X1-B
    G-G
    W1-W

It came on but then went off and the disply went off and not coming back on.

Dec 4, 2006, 06:33 PM
    I got a new problem now.. I just hooked up:

Green-G
    Yellow-Y
    Red-R
    White-W

I got it running and does the auto and all and the heat comes on and works... the problem now is that when I put it on AC it blows warm air and the Large copper pipe gets hot... not warm... hot almost where you can't touch it for long. What did I do wrong? I can post pics if needed.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 02:32 PM
    Hook up Orange to O, that is for the heat pump reversing valve. Don't wory about the old X-Black wire just tape it off. Also, do you have a back-up heat source? If so you need a 2 stage heat thermostat.

Dec 5, 2006, 03:20 PM
    OK did that last night and got the air on... but now the fan won't shut off unless I move the switch to off then back to cool. I waited for 30 minutes to see if maybe it had a timer but nope still had to do the switch. Would a faulty thermostat cause this?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 08:34 PM
    Since you have a heat pump, it is a bit tough to tell, it may be in the fossil fuel kit, if you have one. If you have the A/C running and then turn the temp way up do you hear a click? Then will the fan turn off? I may need to know where each of the stat wires are connected at the furnace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big math problem [ 19 Answers ]

I just got into middleschool and I am having huge problems with math my dad says that I might just find it boring and not be trying but I try really hard and yet my brain just won't work and its not a that I'm a dunce my reading is 7 grades above me and I write great poetry math just doesn't click

Windows 98 please help with big problem [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to go back a few days when my computer was working good, i know you go to start, run, type a word, like Msconfig, and ok... you can choose a day that your computer was working good. Thank you... [email protected] Please e-mail me...

Canon bjc 2100 big problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a canon bjc 2100 printer and no matter what I do when I print nothing comes ot on the page I'm connected via a printer cable I have brand new ink in the printer and I've also uninstalled it and reinstalled the drivers and still nothing comes out on the page but the printer goes through...

Real big problem, any help would be great! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I gave my parents my W2s every year since I started working in 2000. They told me they would file my taxes for me... they did not. Also they do not have any of my W2s. So... I need to file taxes soon and I need to know the easiest way I can file returns late. So I have had all my taxes...

Big problem with cannon bjc-2100 [ 1 Answers ]

I have exactly the same problem as tommyt 's Big canon bjct-2100 problem Someone please respond??

View more questions Search