Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Taxation is theft
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Watch the news, they're already happening. Nowdays, TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already. Lots of elitists try dismissing them with scorn and ridicule, but the people are still gathering.
    Well I certainly agree with that idea, I have bought enough FA-18's and tactical weapons and I don't need a government contrived ETS bought with the tax I no longer pay:)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 05:01 AM

It cost us all $24,000 PER CAR for the Cash for Clunkers program. Forget Corollas .We could've given a Camry away with every trade in.

Cash for Clunkers costs taxpayers $24,000 per car - Oct. 28, 2009
    Cash for Clunkers works, so Republicans say Nooooo
    Tell me again how Cash for Clunkers works??
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It cost us all $24,000 PER CAR for the Cash for Clunkers program. Forget Corollas .We could've given a Camry away with every trade in.

Tell me again how Cash for Clunkers works ??????????????????????
    I'm not sure how it works, the Dems are obviously not very good at math or economics.

I would have loved a new Camry, but my 27 year old truck is an "antique," not a clunker. I'll just keep clunking down the highway expanding my carbon footprint :D
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 06:45 AM

Porkulus works, too. Obama plans to announce today that it has "created and saved at least 1 million jobs."

I'm starting to see a pattern here, with Obama someone declares it to be so and it's so. That would explain the Nobel, the success of CFC, ending the rise of the oceans, restoring America's standing in the world, a million jobs "created and saved" and his having already had "one of the most productive first years of any administration in decades."
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

Tell me again how Cash for Clunkers works ??????????????????????
    And I just shelled out eighteen grand for a work truck. Can I get a "upgrade," exalted one?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

I dunno. Here's a plan from Washington that's working.... So, the Republicans want to end it. It's kinda simple, really. You turn in an old car that get's BAD gas mileage, and you get around a $4,000 check towards the purchase of a new car....

Since the program has been going, car dealerships have been busy for the first time in months, the average milage increase between the cars turned in, and the ones going out is 9 miles per gallon.... NINE MILES PER GALLON!! And, the checks offer immediate stimulus.

Yet, the Republicans want to kill it....

excon
    Hey ex I know this is onl news but latest reports say this scheme replaced old gas guzzling SVU with new gas guzzling SVU how is this a success
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Another example of an Obama program that 'works.'

Painting a street green hasn't stimulated one new job

In Baltimore, the 300 block of East 23 1/2 Street is getting patched up in time for winter. One economic stimulus program is paying to insulate 11 rental rowhouses, another is paying for furnaces and a third is covering the cost for reflective roofs to be installed by prison inmates in a job-training program.

The block is part of one of the biggest initiatives ever undertaken by the federal government, a nationwide push to improve the energy efficiency of buildings. But as the national unemployment rate crosses into the double digits and Republicans question the stimulus program's impact, the work on East 23 1/2 -- even with all of its activity -- has so far not produced a single job.

Nine months after Congress passed the $787 billion stimulus package, there is little tangible to show for one of its biggest single areas of investment, the $25 billion energy-efficiency effort. That points to one of the central tensions of President Obama's landmark stimulus package: His goal was to inject money quickly into the economy while at the same time laying the groundwork for his broader, transformational agenda on energy, education and health care.
    $25 billion and it hasn't produced a single job. I'm sure Obama and the Dems are fine with that as long their "transformational agenda" pushes forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

. IRR. Marielle Machinery Works forecasts the following cash flows on a project under [ 2 Answers ]

IRR. Marielle Machinery Works forecasts the following cash flows on a project under consideration. It uses the internal rate of return rule to accept or reject projects. Should this project be accepted if the required return is 12 percent. Co -$10,000 C1 0 C2 +$7,500 C3 +8,500

Cash for clunkers and healthcare [ 27 Answers ]

I was running an errand and had Michael Smerconish on the radio and a caler called in and made this analogy. "Look at what the government did with this program: imagine what they will do with healthcare " It meant well: Stimulate car sales Get fuel efficient cars on road and fuel...

Cash for clunkers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 mustang that's been wrecked but is drivable can I trade it in on the cash for clunkers?

Are some Republicans fascists? [ 10 Answers ]

As far as I'm concerned, yes, starting with George W. Bush: " "I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system," Bush told CNN television." At least he is honest, unlike Obama and Dems who refuse to acknowledge that they are 'liberal'. But the practical result: "When the...

Unpatriotic Republicans [ 9 Answers ]

Hello wingers: If the Democrats had acted like the Republicans are NOW acting, we wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan or Iraq. It would be as if on the morning after 9/11, Democrats said they wanted no part of any war against Al Qaeda, “George Bush, you're on your own.” Instead, the Democrats...

View more questions Search