Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2012, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by puffmugs View Post
    Sorry Judy, but it was not obvious to me as it was not also to Tom and others that it was one OP with 2 usernames. I do understand how AMHD works and try my best to answer questions in the plumbing industry only, which I am sure my expertise as a plumber for 46 years qualifies me to answer. Most disagreements with other plumbers are due to differences in plumbing codes in different areas of the country since there is no National Plumbing Code. Would be interested in your plumbing backround. No disrespect intented.
    This question has elements of law as well as plumbing. The plumbing issue is where the leak was with respect to the meter. Once that was determined the law takes over. So a plumbing background is not 100% necessary to help this OP.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2012, 05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by puffmugs View Post
    Sorry Judy, but it was not obvious to me as it was not also to Tom and others that it was one OP with 2 usernames. I do understand how AMHD works and try my best to answer questions in the plumbing industry only, which I am sure my expertise as a plumber for 46 years qualifies me to answer. Most disagreements with other plumbers are due to differences in plumbing codes in different areas of the country since there is no National Plumbing Code. Would be interested in your plumbing backround. No disrespect intented.

No disrespect intended - I have no idea why this is posted under plumbing. It's a legal question. I don't need to be a plumber to answer. For that matter people post VERY incorrect info (which is not the case here) and it's the OP's choice whether to take (believe) the "advice" or not.

The OP asked about the legality, and that's what I answered. I realized you didn't suspect it was one person with two names. I did. I don't know why that's a problem for you.

For that matter, please stop attempting to dictate who will and who will not answer ANY question. ("... not from Mollypup or JUDYKAYTEE in order to give a helpful response").

I'd likewise be interested in your legal background in light of the title "florida condo law."
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 14, 2012, 07:06 AM
    I realized you didn't suspect it was one person with two names. I did. I don't know why that's a problem for you.
    Well it becomes a problem for me judy when I'm involved with answering one OP and another name starts to answer for the first OP{. Looks like the thread's being hijacked. I don't know how you arrived at the revelation that the names were the same person but you sure impressed me with your detective work. How did you figure it out?
    And you're correct it's a legal problem but it's a problem that fell into the plumbing end of things. Regards, Tom
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2012, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Well it becomes a problem for me judy when I'm involved with answering one OP and another name starts to answer for the first OP{. Looks like the thread's being hijacked. I don't know how you arrived at the revelation that the names were the same person but you sure impressed me with your detective work. How did you figure it out??
    And you're correct it's a legal problem but it's a problem that fell into the plumbing end of things. Regards, Tom

I think the plumbing issue had to be solved before the legal question could be answered, so I think it's 50/50. Doesn't matter, of course.

I thought this was a good clue - I doubted a third party would have this info. "I only know wahat the plumber's bill stated. So, I guess I'm stuck with the insane water bill"

I don't have any secret source about the two names. As you know, that's what I do for a living. I have pretty good intuition.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2012, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    I don't know how you arrived at the revelation that the names were the same person but you sure impressed me with your detective work. How did you figure it out??
    I figured it out too, but mostly from experience. The thread was started too recently and the Molly was clearly talking about what appeared to be the same situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condo Plumbing Water Leak [ 33 Answers ]

I live in an 8 unit condominium in Florida. I have had it confirmed by two plumbing companies that there is a water leak in the concrete in the master bathroom. The copper piping is set in concrete. They tell me I have to have the whole condo unit, mine, repiped. Who's responsibility is this? The...

Toilet leak/water main [ 2 Answers ]

We turned off our water main, but water is still trickling out of the toilet supply hose. What next?

We just turned off our water main to fix a leak. Will it affect our radiant heat? [ 1 Answers ]

We just had to turn off our water main in the middle of the night to fix a leak. We have radiant heat - old radiators throughout the house, but with a furnace, not a boiler. Will having the water turned off affect our heat?

Florida, I have a 100 yr old oak and a water leak in the main from meter to house [ 4 Answers ]

Speedball1, Tom - I have been reading some of your posts. I live in St. Petersburg, FL. I have a leak in my main from meter to house and there is a 100 year old oak and the driveway in between. Yikes! I know this will be costly just because of the tree roots alone and all the digging that will...

Main water shut off leak [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, I was curious to know if the main shut off in the house has to be "full" open or "full" closed to prevent leaks. I recently added a bathrrom on the third floor, no problems, then I needed to tie in a laundry room and shut off the main for about 1 hour, and turned it back on, 3 days later...

View more questions Search