Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Feb 11, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Type of cauk to use
    Where my kitchen cabinets meet the side walls and where the cabinets end against the walls, the white caulk used to conceal the space between the wall and the cabinet has cracked. I have dug out all the old caulk. What type of caulk should I replace it with? Should I use latex, sillicone or some other kind?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 06:40 PM

Are your walls painted? If so use a paintable caulk so you won't even see the white stripe. I would not waste money on silicone since this is a cosmetic caulking job unlike a tub or a sink.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 08:27 PM

Agree with Bob. Do not use a silicone, paint will not adhere to silicone.

Feb 11, 2011, 09:49 PM
    Thank you for the reply. The walls are painted white. I need a bead of caulk 1/16" wide and it will match wall without painting and it will match rest of kitchen. I am just not sure what material type of caulk I should use, vinly, kitchen adhesive caulk, acrylic or latex. Acrylic latex sillicone blend was recommended to me because it is easy to use if there is such a thing. It sounds like a blend of all caulks put together.I also thought something with water clean up would make a neater and easier job. Would appreciate anything you could suggest.
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Feb 12, 2011, 06:29 AM
    The caulk you need is a white painter's caulk. It cleans up with soap and water and you can smooth it out with a wet finger (wear disposable gloves if you want). It is one of the least expensive caulks available and can be painted or left white.

Feb 12, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Comment on pattyg2's post
    Thanks for the reply, I think that solves my problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents both blood type O+, kid blood type A+ is that possible? [ 7 Answers ]

The Mother and Father both have Blood type o+ but their baby has a blood type A+ I would like to know if that is biologically possible? And if no if father should DNA baby?

100w type A lamp using Type are bulb? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a type A desk lamp with a 100w max for a small aquarium. I have a 100w Type R bulb left over from a Type R lamp meant for aquariums originally and I was wondering if I could use the Type R bulb in the type A desk lamp? I did try it out for a half hour and I thought I smelled...

What type [ 0 Answers ]

We have an upside down house and a heat slave 15/19 boiler what is the best thermostat to get and where to place it ?

When I type in a a; comes up if I type in l ls comes up can you help please [ 1 Answers ]

When I type a a; comes up if I type semi colon a; comes up if I type in l ls comes up also if I type s ls also comes up driving me mad can you please please help

Type I and Type II Errors (Statistics and Probability) [ 1 Answers ]

A researcher studying stress is interested in the blood pressure measurements of chief executive officers (CEOs) of major corporations. He believes that the mean systolic blood pressure, of CEOs of major corporations is less than mm Hg, which is the value reported in a possibly outdated journal...

View more questions Search