Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jules2853 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Installation of Dishwasher & Garbage Disposal
    I would like to get a ballpark figure of what one can expect to pay to install a dishwasher (replacing an old washer - plumbing already there) and installing a new disposal (never had one) and the electrical switch for the disposal (electrical outlets on both sides of the sink). Would you say $2,100.00 (and that's with a discount) is too much?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 09:49 AM

Stay away from installer who wants to charge you $2,100.00 !

Let me give you an idea:

My Home Depot installs DW for $220.00 and GD for $160.00. You will need to redesign drains under the sink to accommodate GD installation. That should not cost more than $100.00 provided the work is done as part of DW and GD installation. To run electrical switch for disposer should not cost you more than $200.00. So you add it up : the job should be done for about $680.00. See the difference ?

BTW: if you plan on purchasing and installing Garbage Disposer because you are installing new Dishwasher - then you don't have to do it. You can drain Dishwasher via Branch T directly into your drain.

If you have plug under kitchen cabinet, you can also use Air Switch for disposer. Cost: $54.00 in Home Depot. This will eliminate the $200.00 for electrical contractor...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a garbage disposal with a dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a garbage disposal and the dishwasher hook up on the garbage disposal is the same size as the dishwasher hose. What is the best way to connect these?

Garbage disposal installation [ 2 Answers ]

Which installation do you consider better, a hard wired garbage disposal, or one that plugs into an outlet under the sink? Thank you for any answers.

Dishwasher and Garbage Disposal [ 13 Answers ]

I am about to install a new dishwasher and garbage disposal. All of the instructions I can find on the internet indicate that the waste hose from the dishwasher attaches to the garbage disposal, and that the waste hose from the garbage disposal then attaches to the house's waste drainage...

Double kitchen sink w/garbage disposal and dishwasher [ 4 Answers ]

Installed new counter and sink several years ago. Problem is that when I put the stopper in one side and fill with water the garbage disposal side drains VERY slow. The never was an air gap installed. It drains into the garbage disposal.. no problem there. The sink is deeper than the old one....

Garbage Disposal Installation Location [ 1 Answers ]

Garbage disposer was installed by plumber in construction of a new home. Going from left to right, this is the kitchen layout: To the left of dishwasher, on wall, is switch for garbage disposer Then dishwasher Then leftmost sink basin Then rightmost sink basin (into which disposer is...

View more questions Search