Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakenekrassov Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Honda Civic acts strange in high humidity
    [F]Hello. I have experienced the following problem with my 2003 Honda Civic a few times: warning lights light up on the dashboard - Airbags, ABS malfunction, parking brake set (when it is not), seatbelt not fastened, battery not charging, etc. But it happens in extreme humidity. We had a lot of fog and condensation here in Toronto and next day I had this problem. Also, the engine seems to hesitate a little and even headlights become dimmer. But it still drives. Also, I notice this at low speed. When I accelerate, most of the trouble lights turn off. But when the RPM goes down, all the lights come on again. It happens only when it is very-very humid or has been raining for the whole week. I am trying to solve the problem by leaving the car running with the heater on, to really warm everything up, hoping that the moisture will evaporate. Did anyone else experience the same problem ?? Any comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated !! Thanks !! Jacob
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2007, 07:48 AM
    . Adjust idle speed:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219948

. The thoughts below might help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post520809

. Clean battery terminals, connections, and all grounds. Apply dielectric compound. Focus on the main grounding straps, which easily corrode in the northern U.S. and Canada.
    jakenekrassov Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Thank you for your help. I will make sure to do what you suggested. Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    . Adjust idle speed:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219948

. The thoughts below might help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post520809

. Clean battery terminals, connections, and all grounds. Apply dielectric compound. Focus on the main grounding straps, which easily corrode in the northern U.S. and Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda civic high idle [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1991 civic and I can't get it smogged because the idle won't go below 2000 rpm until it warms up then it surges. Any ideas what the problem could be?

New A/C, but humidity is high. [ 22 Answers ]

Hello. I'm new to this site. Hope you all can help! So, my house in southern Louisiana is about 3 years old. It was new construction by a builder. That is, it was built for sale, not by a private individual for personal use. It sat on the market, empty and unoccupied, for about a year and a...

91 Honda Civic Overheating? Engine Cool, Gauge High. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Need some serious help. I've been having some erratic temp gauge issues for about a month now. The heat would be hot and cold a bit. Then the top radiator hose blew out... fixed that, replaced the back hose as well. Filled and bled the system for about an hour (not sure if its right) and...

Strange starting/running problem 91 civic [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I recently bought a 91 civic hatchback and have been driving it for around 3 weeks now with no problems. I recently had a snow storm here and it got pretty cold for about a week, the day it finally warmed up I went out to start the car and it would turn over, but would never start. I...

91 Honda Civic high idle [ 5 Answers ]

91 Honda Civic, 1.5l, remains at high idle, 1000-1500 until manually turning off by depressing pedal. Once engine rev'ed over about 1500 does it again. Will not return to low idle on it's own. Does not surge like vac hose off. No engine code. If I disconnect the temp sensor at bottom of radiator...

View more questions Search