Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramsss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 11:34 PM
    OPT rejections in UEWM
    Hi kumar,

I am ramsss, I am a student in UEWM but recently transferred to herguan university, how do you know that all of students in UEWM got rejected OPTs, as I am a student, I have not even seen one case where the OPT was cancelled, if you can tell me where from you got the information then I can be reassured...
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 11:44 PM

Discuss the issue with International Office at your school. Normally when you get approval for OPT but unable to fine a job in certain period, your OPT will be revoked and you have to leave US immediately.
    KumarInUSA2007 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Each statement I put on this forum is based on my best knowledge, including the statement that some students of UEWM OPT were rejected.

As I mentioned, UEWM is an acupunture school and should issue I-20 to its TCM degree students only. It is not lawful for UEWM to issue I-20 to its MSCS, MSEE and MBA students. The US government eventually finds out that UEWM violate the law and rejects OPT applications for those programs under UEWM. What UEWM does is transferring all students from UEWM to Herguan University (HGU). I believe that you are one of such instance, otherwise, what is the point you transfer from UEWM to HGU? Please ask your schoolmates around, especially those who complete/about to complete those program and apply OPT under UEWM. The US government has all records in database and know that UEWM and HGU under the same control. I believe the US government is watching both school closely now, which might jeaperdize students in both schools.

Kumar
    KumarInUSA2007 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 10:46 PM

I got this information from multiple sources. Some of them are students who apply OPT under UEWM and get rejected due to UEWM is not suppose to issue I-20s to its MSEE, MSCS and MBA students. They are floating around in Silicon Valley asking for help. Some of them are close friends of those staff who are working/used to work at UEWM and HGU.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does shoplifting lead to visa rejections when submitted for renewal [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all I recenlty got arrested for shoplifting in Texas at jcp store for merchanise worth 160$. I have to renew my depended visa status I'm march'08.will this shoplifting be a problem for appoval of my visa? can't I enter the USA hereafter once my current visa is expired.?

View more questions Search