Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    countryjane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 08:42 PM
    How large will my mixed breed dog get
    I have a Newfoundland Black Lab Mix puppy. He is almost 6 months old. He weighs about 65 pounds. His father weighed about 130 and his mother 80. How big can I expect him to get?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Comparing him to my Lab puppies I would say 75-80 pounds at the current body condition. Many 90 pound Labs should be 75-80 pound Labs. You should do 2 things now. If you are still feeding a puppy chow, even a large breed one, switch him to an adult chow. An early switch to adult chow slows growth and allows more time to develop sturdy joints. Also go to http://www.puppychow.com/products/po...condition.aspx Adjust how much you are feeding to bring him into the ideal body condition. After genetics, keeping the dog lean and avoiding an excessively rich diet are the 2 most important things in avoiding hip and other joint problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What breed is my dog crossed with [ 5 Answers ]

Hi was just wondering if anyone knows what my staff puppies are crossed with? Thank you. http://13-11-06_1924

I can't find out what my dog is mixed with.. [ 1 Answers ]

My new dog Athena is a wrotty mix, that's all I know. But She has a different body structure than a wrotty, is fairly small and instead of the beigish color on her tummy and legs, its more of a redish beige, kind of like a doberman. One of her ears is flopped over like a wrotty's and the other one...

How large will my dog be? [ 4 Answers ]

My pup is 8 weeks old and weighs 15 pounds right now, she's gained 5 pounds in the two weeks we've had her, her dad is a purebred yellow lab (120 pounds) and her mom is 1/2 black lab, 1/2 shephard, mom was very slim, but she did just finish weaning 8 large pups, she was roughly about 60 pounds, is...

How old to breed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a female daschund 5 1/2 month old how old does she has to be before she could start breeding?

Cross Breed Dog [ 0 Answers ]

Inbreeding brings out recessive traits. Closely related dogs are more likely to have the same recessive problems. I have heard of deliberately breeding siblings to see if there are problems. If that doesn't produce problems, then likely there won't be problems breeding to other dogs. So the...

View more questions Search