Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ljaay Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2013, 08:17 PM
    Dog in pain
    Yesterday my dog was fine. Today when we pick him up he starts to scream and cry. I know its not a leg or pulled muscle injury because he's not limping. However, he is started to lower his head fairly low when he walks. Hes a small dog. Can this be something stuck in his smaller intestine? He has NOT poo'd all day but has pee'd. It seems that he screams when I pick him up from his stomach/chest area. Can it be an internal problem or just simply a pulled muscle? He ate a bone by accident a few weeks ago as well. Can it be something internal or a pulled muscle? He went to sleep as its his bedtime.. SHould I bring him to the vet tomorrow?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 08:20 PM
    You should take him to the vet immediately. We can't diagnose online, so we can't tell you if it's a pulled muscle, something stuck in his intestine, his intestines twisting, or something worse. The only one that can tell you what's going on is your vet. If something is stuck in his intestine he could be dead by tomorrow, so you need to get him to the vet asap.

Mar 3, 2013, 08:28 PM
    Well it started to happen this afternoon. He was perfectly fine in the morning. Im going to wait for tomorrow to see if he's somewhat better. If not, I will take him into the vet. Thank you for the response
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ljaay View Post
    well it started to happen this afternoon. He was perfectly fine in the morning. Im going to wait for tomorrow to see if hes somewhat better. If not, I will take him into the vet. Thank you for the response
    I hope he's okay.

Is he drinking and eating?

Mar 3, 2013, 08:30 PM
    Can it be constipation? He has only pee'd today. He did not poo

Mar 3, 2013, 08:31 PM
    Yes he is drinking and eating. He is now asleep :/
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 09:07 PM
    It's extremely rare for a dog to be constipated, so very unlikely that that's what's causing this.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 10:23 PM
    If it's a small dog, than maybe his back hurts. A lot of small dogs have back issues. This is something that needs to be seen and documented by your vet for pain meds and at-home care instructions to help avoid this issue in the future.

Back problems can appear out of no where. The dog doesn't have to be overly active or extra jumpy.. All they really have to do is move wrong and something catches.

If he cries when you pick him up, than you're not supporting his lumbar back enough. With him walking with his head down may mean his neck hurts. Its really hard to say which area is more painful without some pricey diagnostics such as MRI or CAT scan.. but you're vet can get a good idea where the pain is from regular radiographs.. so I would advise you to be prepared to pay for at least 2 views.

Hope your little guy gets the needed care he needs!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 11:40 PM
    Please take it to a Vet. It could be a number of things. I do hope it is nothing serious, and wish you the best of luck, and him, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is crying in pain? [ 2 Answers ]

My chihuahua mix 7 yr old dog Titus is crying out in pain. He is keeping his tail tucked between his legs and has a hard time sitting. He keeps turning to check his rear end. I know he hasn't moved his bowels in the last 24 hrs. He had no food for approx 18 hr but plenty of water. He will let...

Dog has pain in leg? [ 6 Answers ]

My Dog is 12 yrs old lab/golden retriver and is limping on his right back leg, when he tries to stand up it is like the right leg is hurting him, he is not crying with pain, just limping. I give him medication for arthritis. Was wondering if I could give him asprin or tylenol?

My dog! Ah is a pain when it comes to reliving himself! [ 10 Answers ]

Yes I know there are a few topics on this. But you seen my dog is somewhat different. He is a 2 year old Terrier Mix. And we got him when he was 1 year old. Well, He pee's everywhere in the house. And its making me angery. Could you help me labman?

Dog in pain [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any ointments or pills you can give a dog for a sprained or sore muscle or tendon?

My Dog seems to have leg pain [ 7 Answers ]

I have a nine year old boxer and every now and then he holds his leg up like it's giving him a lot of discomfort. The vet gave him a few pills once that cost over$100.00 but didn't help the problem a bit. I hear it's common in big dogs but I'm wondering if anybody can tell me how to take care of...

View more questions Search