Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kellymcdade1989 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 10:29 AM
    Dog and cat relationship
    I have a dog and a cat will they ever get on with each other?
    MyBlessing Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2011, 11:25 AM
    It depends if they grew up together or not.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2011, 12:23 PM

If they did not grow up together then you need to spend time with both of them to get them to know each other well.
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2011, 09:00 PM
    I had the same situation and the answer is yes just stop guarding them you need to let the cat get his bluff swing in witch is basically shhowing the dog that I can hurt you if u hurt me leave them alone STOP GAURDING THEM! OR THEY WILL NEVER GET ALONG!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2011, 02:02 AM

It really depends on how they are reacting now. Can you give more detail?

Is the dog being aggressive towards the cat or just chasing or being pushy?

What breed would also help as well, breeds like sight hounds generally don't get along with cats as they are bred to chase, while other breeds like toys will be more inclined to get along.

Training will differ depending on the situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health considerations with shaved samoyed dog? Also how to introduce a dog to a cat? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to adopt a 2 and a half to 3 year old samoyed from a shelter. He was neglected and when his neighbours took him to the shleter his fur was matted so they had to cut out all the tangles (he isn't bald he just has fairly short fur). I was just wondering if there could be any health issues...

Health considerations with shaved samoyed dog? Also how to introduce a dog to a cat? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm about to adopt a 2 and a half to 3 year old samoyed from a shelter. He was neglected and when his neighbours took him to the shleter his fur was matted so they had to cut out all the tangles (he isn't bald he just has fairly short fur). I was just wondering if there could be any health issues...

Dog vs cat [ 16 Answers ]

I'm reposting this because I didn't realize I posted it in the wrong section before. Someone had emailed this to me. Enjoy! DOG DIARY 8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing! 9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing! 9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

Cat and dog don't get along [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are moving in together, and he has a cat. I have a dog. They are beginning to play fight but sometimes the cat hurts the dog. How do I stop this? The cat is a 15 pound Maine coon (we think), and the dog is a 6 pound chihuahua.

Dog and cat [ 2 Answers ]

How should I go about re-introducing my dog to my cat. My dog and my cat were the best of friends for the longest time, my cat would always walk by him and rub up against him. Also when we go for a walk at night my cat follows us(sometimes I have to carry her home so other dogs don't attack her)....

View more questions Search