Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Redness Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 07:30 PM
    Sheltie is scared of everything, children, noise, and doorways!
    He is a rescue, so we do nor know his history. "Jack" is georgeous, but he seems so nervous and anxious all the time, it is exhausting to watch him pace and walk in circles around the furniture. Sometimes he is so reluctant to go outside to potty, I have to tote him to the door, set him down, and slide him out the door while he is firmly sitting down. (Did I mention I have a broken wrist and am not supposed to lift more than a coffee cup?) He's wearing me out and I don't know what to do to help him.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Jun 8, 2011, 03:03 AM
    I would not be surprised to learn that he came to a rescue home because of this tendency.

Dog personalities are hereditary in many cases, as are human personalities, or at least tendencies. Delving into the canine psyche became a topic in vet school long after I graduated. But there are 'doggie shrinks' now, and I suspect he would be a candidate for the couch, and probably some sort of psychomimetic drug.

Short of a couch, your vet may have insight into the problem and access to a possible life changing medication. Give him a call to find out if that is an area in which he may have an interest. I wish you both well.
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2011, 04:16 PM
    Let him calm down and get used to his new surroundings. I would recommend sitting in the floor very still and let him get used to you also reward him with a treat when ever he goes by a door way or calms down he's just very worried that you might do what ever happened to him in the past he just needs to learn that you will not hurt him that's all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help a child with children(alone & scared)no family or friends.. [ 2 Answers ]

My X had it all! He took advantage of my dad. He made a lot of money but has "secret" accounts overseas as well as private... My dad gave him cars, paid bills as well as gave him money to spoil me... I just got away from him last year as he was abusive in every way possible! (brain washed us like...

Scared I can't have children how can I find out? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 19years old and have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend for the past year, and I have never been pregnant. I started my period at the age of 9, and they are very irregular. We have sex at least 4times a week. I started worrying thinking why haven't I got pregnant. A month ago I got...

My dog is very scared of men and children? [ 7 Answers ]

My dog is afraid of men and children. I have had her since she was 6 weeks old and she has never been hurt or anything by either. She warms up to females easier. She barks constantly at them and it takes a while for a man to be able to be around her without her barking and scaring them. Any ideas...

Sheltie is too scared to get off the porch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sheltie that has run around our yard with an electronic wireless fence with a collar. In the last couple of days, he has been scared and reluctant to leave the porch. We can not figure out what has happened. Please help as he seems sad and knows he should be running having fun. We...

View more questions Search