Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashiv79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2011, 06:39 AM
    Why is it that my 9 month old female lab is climbing on the bed and peeing?
    Hi there, I am a little comfused. We got our female lab pup about 6 months back. She has been trained by us to use the garden to ease herself.. She never has an accident. 3 weeks back I had to leave home due to a medical emergency with my dad. My husband & kids were back home. She has started climbing on our new mattress & peeing on it when we have left her alone . I must add that she is totally used to being alone for a few hours at home.. but this is a new aspect, can you throw some light on it?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2011, 01:13 PM

Sounds like she is doing this due to the disrupt in routine and life in general. Some dogs are more sensitive to their family and will do very strange things to show their disapproval.

My advise.. Purchase a crate and put her in it. Crates keep good dogs good. It is also a wonderful tool to help you solve her problem.

You might also want to rule out any medical conditions such as UTI. Some females will get them before a heat cycle if unspayed.. If the dog is spayed, UTIs are still common, because, unlike males, their privates sit in the dirt . Some animals will act out when in discomfort. They can't talk, so you do need to consult a vet and/or trainer for any strange behavior such as this.
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2011, 04:22 PM
    She has picked up that something has happened and it has affected you so now she is so ancxious when you leave she goes to the place that smells most like you and relives heself on it in hopes it would make you feel better labs are smart dogs and they won't just do something because they want to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My lab is 11 month old lab is scared of the stairs [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 11 month old lab that is scared of the stairs the reason is he broke his leg on the stairs on my deck when he was 10 weeks old I have tried treats on each stair his favorite toy he will go up with a push on the butt but will not go down he even shakes when I carry him down the stairs to...

I have an 8 month old westie he has started peeing in his bed [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old westie,he was great when we got him at 3months old but over the last 3 months he started peeing all over the house and now he has even started peeing in his bed at lest 4 times a day,his testicals haven't dropped yet could this bee the reason

2 year old lab is peeing on the carpet [ 3 Answers ]

I recently moved in with my girlfriend and I have a Rottie mix and she has a yellow lab. Both dogs are neutered and have spent ample time together in the past. The problem we are having is her two year old Yellow Lab is now from time to time peeing in the house. One night we were playing and he...

8 month old lab pup peeing lots on walks, and seems constipated! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey there, I have a 8 month old Lab, she's called Roo! I have been slightly concerned about how much she pees when I'm on walks with her? I don't know whether this is normal because I know dogs pee to mark there territory. But I wasn't sure if girls do it as well? And she doesn't look like...

7 month old pug started peeing on my bed! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. She is 7 months old and potty trained. What could be wrong.I have not spayed her yet. :confused: Please help me

View more questions Search