Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kwood2828 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 02:04 PM
    How many years will a dachshund go in heat?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 05:04 PM

Most likely her entire life.

Senior dogs can and do get pregnant. Fertility will slow down as the dog ages, but even a 14 year old dog can become pregnant.

It's best to spay your dog, she'll not only be healthier, she'll live longer, and you can avoid any unwanted pups. :)
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2011, 02:22 PM

Generally for the rest of their lives.
    We had a client recently where we had to do an emergency c-section on their TWELVE YEAR OLD Boxer, because they didn't think she could get pregnant...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long is a dachshund in heat? [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is 2 yrs old and hasn't been spayed yet but has noticed small amounts of blood on furniture, blankets and etc. When can I get her spayed?

What age does a dachshund come into heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old dachshund. I would like to know at what age will she come into heat? I have been told different times. I do not want her to have puppies. I am planning to have her spayed as soon as possible. Thank you for your help

Dachshund heat cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a precious 9 & 1/2 month old female daschund. She started her first heat cycle last Wednesday. I have set up an appointment to have her spayed during the first week of July. She's experiencing ordinary symptoms, including swelling. However, she has swelled up nearly three times her usual...

Dachshund in heat [ 3 Answers ]

Mh mini long hair just turned 6 months old ,she shows all signs of being in heat isn't this young? Can we do any thing to make more comfortable

Dachshund in heat [ 5 Answers ]

Any information on a 9 month old mini as to how long she stays in heat for the first time? Need to know ASAP!! Please help.

View more questions Search