Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petlove4eva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 07:48 AM
    Difficulty breathing and wheezing
    Hello
    I have a 16 almost 17 year old Yorshire male dog. He started wheezing a week ago but then it got worse. He really struggles to breath and wheezes loudly. I took him to the vet and he said that he is as healthy as can be. Strong heart, no fever, no indication of problems with his nose, he checked his mouth but not his thoat, which I thought of afterwards. He doesn´t think anything is wrong. When we go for a walk he seems perfectly fine but when he get home he start again and even when he has been relaxing for hours he breaths terribly. I tried a steam bath which the Vet suggested but with no change.
    Does anyone have any suggestions. I will go to the vet again tomorrow, just wondering if anyone has a useful tip or two. Thank you
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2011, 10:36 AM

Go back to the vet and discuss your concerns with him. I deal with vets all the time. Sometimes you have to point things out to them. Its irritating, yes they should know.. but they are human as well.

Go back to the Vet. 16 and 17 years old for dogs is OLD.. anything that is a hack or a wheeze that continues needs to be looked at by a vet. It could be phenomena.
    petlove4eva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
    I will go back to the Vet, thank you. Just couldn´t forgive or forget if something happens to him. Just so weard that he is still so active and happy. Since it is winter he hasn´t gone for a lot of walks. I read that lack of exercise could be a problem. He is enjoying his walks and has no problem then. Thank you thou!
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2011, 06:36 AM
    My aunt had the same problem but it turns out its hereditary for that breed to do that around elderly ages

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difficulty breathing due to mold [ 1 Answers ]

Currently, at work, we are in the process of removing old, moldy shelves to replace them. I noticed that I have had tightness in the chest, coughing and a little difficulty with my breathing. Should I be concerned?

Breathing difficulty in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 week old puppies and the last three were born 8 & 9 hours after the others. They were all three males and I have alredy lost two of them and now the other is sick. I live in a small country town and when the first one began to have breathing difficulties we asked the local vet here what...

Rabbit Acting Strangely (Breathing Difficulty, Maybe?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I hope you are well. I adopted a very young bunny (a few weeks old at the most) from a local shelter last night. About 10 minutes ago, the bunny started acting a bit strange. It started walking around its cage with its head held upward, and it opened and closed its mouth continuously. I...

Difficulty in breathing [ 10 Answers ]

I smoke, and drink large amounts of caffine. At night when I am trying to drift off to sleep I have a terrifying feeling.. on and off for the first hour, it feels like no air is going in my lungs and it feels like my heart stops for around 3 seconds, in response to this horrible feeling I gasp...

Difficulty in breathing [ 2 Answers ]

Good day to you all. I am a 43-old female. I have been diagnosed with Mixed Connective tissues diorder seven years ago. I have been through different phases, non was severe, but all annoying-enough. Working in addition to all social obligtions as a wife and mother, and most of the time you keep it...

View more questions Search