Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GhettoMexicano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 03:02 AM
    What can I feed my pittbull puppy?
    My puppy is 6 weeks old he's too skinny he eats but doesn't gain wieght what else can I feed him so he can gain a little more weight?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2011, 03:15 AM

Your pup should still be nursing from the mother.

Is the pup with the mother?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2011, 08:41 AM

He should be wormed.

Take him to the vet. Puppies that don't eat aren't good.

He could also be stressed from leaving mom too early without being weaned.

Because the pup isn't weaned, purchase a good quality puppy food, (NOTHING from wal-mart.. I guess IAMS will be OK.. please don't get ol roy or kibbles and bits... yuck!) purchase some puppy milk, mix it up, warm it up and put it in the food and let the food soak in the milk and make a mush. Serve the food to the puppy the food warm.. if you can touch it, then you can feed it. Put some food on his muzzle so he can lick it off then show him where it came from.

Hopefully that will get him to gain weight for you. 6 weeks is young to be away from mom, but if your up to it, not impossible to get a good dog out of it!
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2011, 06:42 AM
    You could put some melted fat on his food or some gravy so that he can gain weight
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2011, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicasmith View Post
    you could put some melted fat on his food or some gravy so that he can gain weight

This is not good medical advice - melted fat is NOT good for puppies, nor is (greasy) gravy. Broth, perhaps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 10 week old puppy he been sick should I feed him [ 1 Answers ]

I gave my 10wk old puppy a worming pill and half he feed as it told me then the rest at his 6.oclock feed but he sick it up

How much should you feed a puppy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi shaz, or anyone else that can advise me on this matter. I have a 13 week old Shih Tzu and I'm a bit confused how much I should feed her? I feed her wet food in the morning only quarter of a tin, and then dried food midday, then another quarter of a tin of wet food in the evening. Is this...

How much do I feed an 8 week old puppy in a crate? [ 1 Answers ]

Im getting an eight week old puppy that's perfect for our lifestyle.I have decided on using the crate method but how many times a day do I feed the puppy?And what do I feed it so it doesn't have problems?

1 why.o. Pittbull puppy vomits consistently, AGAIN. [ 6 Answers ]

My puppy bodhi, just started throwing up three nights ago, for the second time. What I mean is when he was four months old he did the same thing. Every time he ate he threw up. I took him to the vet and spent a fortune with no results. I ended up trying everything I could until eventually he slowed...

View more questions Search