Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princess_lili25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 02:51 AM
    Puppy is scared of going outside?
    My little pomarinian is 8 weeks old and is having her first injections soon.. the vet has told me to let her go in the garden but she is so scared I had her on the lead out there but did'nt move so this morning I didn't put a lead on.. It made no difference still sccared she seems to be in shock lol not playing like normal and having more accidents in the house where before she went on the wee pads.. what can I do?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2011, 08:02 AM

She is a baby! Don't expect so much.

Take her out.. and just stand there and talk to her until she moves.

If you went from wee pads to the great outdoors, then she is confused, not in shock.

Smaller dogs are harder to house train. You're going to have to go the extra mile to ensure that outside is a positive experience. She is tiney! She has a reason to be worried outside. So you need to just talk to her, Don't PICK HER UP, and get her to feel more comfortable outside.. Go outside for more then just a potty break, take her out more often with toys, treats, etc. She will learn to accept outside.

I would say take her off the potty bads cold turkey. I hate potty pads, they make house training more difficult. Now, you're not only training her to go outside, but to NOT go inside when "yesterday" it was acceptable to pee inside.

She is pottying everywhere in the house BECAUSE of the potty pads. Potty pads teach the dog that its OK to pee and poo within in the home (den). Dogs don't know the difference between the potty pad and your carpet. Its all the same to them.

Be forceful, yet gentle. Be demanding, yet don't over-do it. She'll get it.. and remembers.. She's A BABY!
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2011, 06:38 AM
    You need to teach her that there is nothing to be scard of outside

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dachshund Puppy Seems Scared [ 9 Answers ]

I purchased a dachshund puppy a few weeks ago. She was 6 weeks old. I have a neutered 2 year old male and I wanted a little girl. My first question is that sometimes she runs away when we go to pick her up and I don't know why. We love our dogs they are like our children. We play with them and give...

Puppy scared to walk [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is scared to walk and hides when I get the lead out, how do I change that?

I'm scared my new puppy is sick! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am new comepleteyly to the dog business. We have never had one. A week ago we got two new puppies from someone in the iwanna paper. Husky german shepherd mix. One male and one female. They area a few days over 7 wks old now. I took them to the vet last friday am for their first round of...

Why are my dogs scared of my new puppy? [ 1 Answers ]

I am hoping someone can advise me, I have 3 dogs and 2 weeks ago I got a puppy and all was going great but the past 2 days my older dogs have been hesitant in coming out of their crates and have had their tail's between their legs. I have taken them in the garden 1 by 1 with the puppy and they are...

I am so scared for my 2week old puppy! [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: MY boyfriend brought home this two week old puppy, last Saturday. I am so afraid for this little guy, he was found in a parking lot of an apartment building. We are bottle feeding him and he seems not to mind it too much. Well all of asuden he's acting strange he crys, and tries...

View more questions Search