Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorrainebw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2011, 12:32 PM
    My 4 month old puppy used to walk on a lead but after using a halti won't move
    Only put it on for 10 minutes to try it now won't go out on a lead just refuses to move
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2011, 07:52 AM

Why are you using a halti on a 4 month old puppy?

Haltis are for dogs that have very bad leash manners. The Halti doesn't teach them to be good on a leash, it teaches them that they cannot pull. Take the halti off, and there right back to there old tricks.

Your pup doesn't need a halti (at this point). Teach him to walk on a collar and leash and teach him not to pull and to listen to you. He is just a baby, he has no bad habits. You have a very fresh slate on your hands. Teach him the right thing! Take back your halti and get your money back! If you need help on teaching your puppy to walk on a lead, I would suggest a puppy class.
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2011, 06:41 AM
    You probably scared the puppy plus those are for older dogs just give it some time then try again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog won't walk on his lead [ 0 Answers ]

My dog is a 15 weeks old Labrador and has been going out for walks for the last 3 weeks without many problems. But this week he has been refusing to walk. He gets very excited when he hears his lead being rattled, and is always pulling to get to the door, but once outside the gate he sits and...

Why won't my Puppy walk on his leash [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 month old dachshund mix n he is well behaved and was doing fine on leash but at random times he just stops flops down and will not budge. I have tried treats and encouragement as well as tried pulling him. But he acts like a rag doll. He walks fine with my other dogs but its hard to walk...

Puppy won't walk on leash [ 4 Answers ]

My three month old puppy won't walk on a leash, as soon as I hook her leash up she just ducks and stays close to the ground and even tries pulling away sometimes. I if carry her away from the house and put her down with the leash attached she will go back to the house but that is the only time she...

Puppy won't walk [ 2 Answers ]

We recently found a 5 month old pomeranian on our doorstep, after taking it to the vet to see if it was microchipped we found she had not been. At first she was scared of everyone, shaking and shivering when we got too close but now she is much better and is not afraid of us anymore. But I do have...

Puppy won't walk on a leash [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get a puppy to walk on a leash. He is very scared of it. I have attached it to his collar and let him just walk around with it dragging behind but that hasn't helped his "fear" of the leash. He just won't budge. I have tried to give him treats also to get him to walk. STUBBORN! He...

View more questions Search