Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anna_m Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 06:06 PM
    Why is my male dog all of sudden pooping and peeing in the house
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2011, 06:22 PM

Has he had a health check to rule out problems? How old is he? Have there been any changes in the living conditions or situation?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 14, 2011, 06:30 PM

Judy asks great questions. All things we need to know in order to help.

I hope you come back and give us more information.
    anna_m Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 06:36 PM
    Max is about 11 years old. My son and daughter were living with me for a few months and they moved out recently. They both had chihuauas who may have possiblly unrinated and or pooed in the house. He is due for a visit to the vet
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 14, 2011, 06:57 PM

Is he a bigger breed?

It could be due to his age, or the change in living arrangements. It's really hard to retrain an older dog, which is likely what you'll have to do if medical reasons are ruled out.

Do you live somewhere where winters are cold? That can also contribute to the problem.

I would book the appointment with the vet, rule out anything medical, and then go from there. Come back here and we'll do our best to help you through this.

I have a 15+ year old lab. He does his best to get outside to do his potty breaks, but he doesn't always make it. Sadly it's part of having an older dog. If Max is still spry and active, there shouldn't be any reason why you can't retrain him if this isn't medical. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog died and other dog is peeing and pooping inside house now [ 6 Answers ]

We currently lost one of our dogs quite sudden, she was a 11 year sheppard/lab. We also have a yorki/pom/poo who is only 2 1/2 years old. Since our old dog died, our other dog has reverted back to peeing and pooping in the house. When our other dog was alive they went outside together and this...

House trained dog all of sudden starts constantly peeing in house! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a chocolate labe mix. She was a stray when we first found her. She was completely housetrained when we first brought her home and then she had puppies almost 2 months after we found her. Ever since she had the puppies she`s been peeing in the house constantly. She also has been drinking...

4 year old dog pooping and peeing in house [ 1 Answers ]

We have a four year old husky that we adopted from a rescue sheltre when he was 1 year old and he was already housetrained. We never used to have problems with him since we were always very good about letting us know when he had to go outside. A little while ago when I came home one day I saw that...

Avoid my dog peeing and pooping in the house. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is 8-9 months older (MALE).He is very active and friendly with us the only problem is he is peeing and pooping in house and is making dirty so " How can i avoid this and how can i teach my dog to peep and poop outside the house by obeying my order?" .So please send me the answer for the...

Why is my dog pooping and peeing in the house all of a sudden? [ 9 Answers ]

After 6 years my male, fixed, brittany spaniel has never had an accident, even as a puppy. This past weekend we had went away, leaving him alone. He has free access to the house with a doggy door he knows how to use and has always used. He has been left alone many times before, but this time we...

View more questions Search