Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vreelans Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 07:04 PM
    What's wrong with my puppy?
    My dog is a 17 week old pit bull. His behavior is like a 99 year old mans with arthritis. He still is eating, has solid poop, has NOT thrown up and is still drinking lots of water. It takes him a very long time to go down a few steps. He is not playful with the other dog, won't jump onto the couch or bed and is hardly moving around. He's been having a lot of accidents in the house the last two days as well. He's very lazy and lethargic. What's wrong?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 27, 2010, 07:19 PM

A l7 week old pup should not be lethargic and this signifies something is really wrong. Take him to the vet for a check up.

Tick
    science101 Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Nov 6, 2010, 06:46 PM
    This is a guess but he might have something called hip displashia. ( I might have spelt that wrong) My dog had it. You might want to bring your dog to the vet as soon as possible.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2010, 07:50 PM

Hip dysplasia and worms/not wanting to eat are totally different things.. that's a disorder of the hip joint.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Apr 16, 2011, 03:05 PM
    A trip to the vet's is in order. Why? He may be in pain, or he may have an infection. Dysplasia is painful, but not a suddenly appearing problem... arthritis in the hips is the root of the problem and usually takes much longer to appear. Another hip problem could be a dislocation, or even a fracture. If you notice an almost total refusal to use one rear leg, this may be the problem. A dislocated hip or even a fracture, are not common, but in the right conditions are fairly easy to cause.

Back injury, like a 'slipped disk' causes symptoms quite like this, but that would be rather atypical for a young pit bull, but can't be ruled out at this stage. I can't tell where you live, but this sort of generalized discomfort is also seen with Lyme disease, a tick borne problem. A generalized debilitating and mildly painful condition is a blood condition called Erhichia, or Canine Pancytopenia... another tick disease. Live near the woods? Not absolutely required, but helps.

Well, as I first said, a job for your vet to sort out. Best of Luck and hope this has helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My puppy is very weak and now her face is swollen what's wrong with her [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy can't really stand on her legs and now her face is swollen

What's wrong with my puppy [ 1 Answers ]

My 12 week old puppy is having trouble breathing and is choking all the time she has been vomiting up odd stuff

My puppy is sick! Do you know what's wrong? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old lab mix, she has not been eating much the last few days and last night and today has not even sniffed her food. I am really worried she threw up 2 days ago and had a little runny poop this morning and my friend that watches her while I'm at work said that she has been very...

I can't figure out what's wrong with my puppy [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently received a miniature pinscher mixed with something for my birthday a couple weeks ago. He is about four months old. Lately he has been throwing up yet acting the same as he always does. I'm really worried about him. A neighbor had mentioned that he may have parvo, if he was throwing...

View more questions Search