Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mykellvi Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Bad Breath
    How to avoid bad breath? I was told that Salt Water Gargling will prevent Bad Breath?
    Is it true?
    jahnplay Posts: 83, Reputation: -1

Jan 1, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Ways to void

Visit the dentist
    It's one thing to know that you have bad breath, it's quite another to get to the root of what may be causing it. Bad breath is mainly caused by a buildup of bacteria in the mouth, so going to the dentist twice a year for a routine cleaning and checkup is an important step to maintaining fresh breath.
    Brush your teeth
    The more you brush your teeth, the better it is for your dental hygiene, and your breath. Brush at least twice daily (in the morning and before bed) in order to remove the food particles lingering in your mouth from an entire day of eating.

You can even keep a toothbrush and toothpaste handy at your office desk, in case you're meeting important clients after a spicy Italian meal.

Brush your tongue
    This may sound odd, but you would never believe how much plaque and bacteria grow on your tongue (especially way in the back), so make sure to brush your tongue as well as your teeth.

Floss
    We have all been told about the importance of flossing, but so many of us neglect our gums by not flossing. Bad breath is also caused by residual food caked between your teeth and in your gum line, so make sure to floss daily.

Mouthwash
    If you find that your morning breath leaves a lot to be desired (don't worry, most of us don't want to be kissed in the morning), then add mouthwash to your daily routine to protect your teeth and give your mouth a minty fresh smell.

Carry breath mints and gum
    Hey, if you can't avoid the problem all the time, then just blast your bad breath with some mints and gum. Perfect for emergency situations, these will encourage any woman to share breathing space with you.

For extra-strength bad breath busters, there are over-the-counter pills to help prevent stinky breath. And Listerine has recently come up with dissolving sheets that act as a mouthwash.

Parsley
    This natural ingredient is said to fight malodorous breath, so if you're having some garlic bread and pasta, make the most of parsley (if you can find some) and chew on it once you're done eating.

Avoid cigarettes, coffee and alcohol
    You can always treat the problem via its roots, and avoid bad breath-inducing foods such as garlic, pizza, onions, and spicy foods while on a hot date, reduce your intake of alcohol and coffee, and smoke fewer cigarettes.

Breathe through your nose
    Another cause of bad breath is lack of salivary flow (dry mouth), so try breathing through your nose in order to avoid making your mouth dry and crusty.

Check it out
    If you want to save yourself the embarrassment of walking around with bad breath, ask someone close to you, such as a family member or friend, whether your breath smells okay.

See a physician
    Bad breath is also linked to illness, stress, stomach problems, low fluid intake, and other conditions, so if your bad breath persists, consult a physician to see if an underlying problem exists.

Got them from a site
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2007, 03:46 AM
    Jahn, could you always remember to quote your sources? It helps us all if we are searching for more info :)
    mykellvi Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 08:45 AM
    My dear Jahn
    You have given an excellent answer and it is more than enough.
    Brushing the tongue and using the floss, both ideas never striked in my mind.
    And this will be helpful for any one who has the same problem.

Thanks a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad breath smelled through nose [ 4 Answers ]

Can a person breath out bad breath through their own nose? Me and my girlfriend have a debate on this issue. She says if she has her mouth closed, the oder won't come through the nose. I say being that they are connected you can. Who is right?>

Chronic Bad Breath [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know what can be used for chronic bad breath? Is there an operation that can be performed or a special mouthwash?

Dance partner in class having Bad Breath [ 7 Answers ]

SOS, anyone I have joined in a dance class recently. Unfortunately, the partner I have has Bad Breath. I could hardly breathe whenever the steps were counted by my partner. I don't really know that person. What would you suggest I should do? Hand a bottle of Listerine and say "Take A Gargle...

BAd breath [ 5 Answers ]

What causes bad breath? Most days after a whole day at work I get bad breath :( My fiancé notices it too. Which is abit :o embaressing.. I don't have any pain in my teeth and I brush my teeth everyday. Once or twice.

Can you break up with someone over bad breath [ 23 Answers ]

My boyfriend has bad breath most of the time and I was so turned off by that in the beginning we got involved because he was after me for a long time and proffessed his love to me so I finally gave in and I tried to make him take care of this problem because I can not stand it , so he fought with...

View more questions Search