Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trickett Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 03:56 AM
    I have a 12 month old white english bull terrier calles sadie.. She's started getting
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 4, 2010, 04:08 AM

Trickett, please use the Answer box at the bottom of the page to finish asking your question.

Thank you.

Oct 4, 2010, 09:24 AM
    Red spots on the back of neck and back I've been to the vets but was just given antibiotics whixh haven't worked.. Any ideas what this could be
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 10:07 AM

Can you post some photos of the red spots?

Are they on the skin?
    Look dry or wet?
    Size and shape?

Oct 4, 2010, 10:49 AM
    I will try 2 upload a photo lata.. They seem to be dry spots which have appeared all over her back which have started to scab.. Could this b a allergic reaction?
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 02:16 PM

I have a few ideas, but bare in mind, these are only ideas, you will need to consult your vet.

Ring worm:

Hot spot:

Skin allergy:

Oct 4, 2010, 02:37 PM
    Thanks for that.. It looks like the third photo.. The skin allergy. Is there anythink u could recommend to treat this skin allergy?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Oct 4, 2010, 04:11 PM

Yup, try some omega oils, an oatmeal bath and switching her food to a food free from wheat and grains and by products. Does she seem to itch an awful lot? Has she been treated for worms and fleas? Did the vet suggest what may be causing the reaction?

Please remember, we can not diagnose, and if this is something that is causing her discomfort, please seek advice from your vet.

Sorry Shazzy :o
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 06:39 PM

Haha no worries Bella, I would suggest the same thing!

To add to that I would ask if you have been using any new chemicals around the house?
    New products the clean the tiles or floorboards, carpet shampoo etc, anything new she might be laying or or touching.
    Even plants in the garden can cause reactions in some dogs.

If you get to the root of the problem it should clear up on its own.

Oct 5, 2010, 02:02 AM
    Thanks all for the advice I will try n change what she's eating and doing etc. Hopefully its just an allergy and it clears up itself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bull terrier skin condition [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a bull terrier with a skin condition I have bought special food for her but!! she loves bread, can the yeast in the bread be a cause of and allergie? Thank you

My staffordshire bull terrier is weeing every where [ 11 Answers ]

I have got a 8 month old male staffordshire bull terrier and all of a sudden he has started weeing all over my house and I don't know why can any one help as it is driving me mad :)

Bull Mastif / Staffordshire Bull Terrier Under Weight [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My dog is half Bull Mastiff and Staffordshire Bull Terrier and has a good appetite but it doesn't seem to matter much we feed him he still looks underweight, we've also had him wormed and the vets say that he is in very good shape and that the weight will come. He is 7 months and very big in...

Bull Terrier [ 12 Answers ]

I know that pit bulls are banned in Winnipeg and Ontario Canada but are Bull Terrier pit bulls? Are they banned as well in Winnipeg? (where I live)

View more questions Search