Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2010, 08:17 PM
    Dog training as a career choice
    I was thinking a lot lately about dogs, dog behavior and dog training. And I was wondering.. how would you go about becoming a dog trainer in Canada and not someone who just claims they are a dog trainer
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2010, 10:23 PM

There is an online school you might want to consider.. Its called Animal Behavior College. I'm not sure if they go internationally, but they are a credited college.. Its all online studies too. They have you meet up with a mentor and they help you teach classes and even start helping with a business plan or applications.

Dog training is hard to break into. You can do classes here and there, but nothing to make money off to live with.

That's what I did.. I have some clients.. but not many. I still have to work at my wonderful call center job.

I also worked at Petsmart and Petco as a dog trainer. It puts something behind me, but not much. People still like to go to trainers that have been around for awhile. Maybe some day I'll b that person ;)

Good luck
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2010, 03:21 AM

Thanks for your input lucky! I appreciate the info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career Choice confusion [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have finished my Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication and have been working in IT industry for almost two years. I am sure I wouldn want to continue in IT or for that matter any technical path. The confusion I have is that I am not clear with what I should take up if I cannot...

Talking to mum about career choice [ 1 Answers ]

I have spoken to my mum about doing siging as maybe a career i just love to sing. The only problem is she doesnt seem to want to support me:( . I have told her it is something that I would love to do:) . It would be my dream to just be able to sing and actually get something out of it. It is nice...

Career choice to be a college counselor or adviser? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in college right now I am interested in pursing a career as a college counselor or adviser I want to know what their duties are do they get benefits and vacation and do I need a masters degree and are credentials mandatory:) How much do they pay in this field?

Need help with career choice [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a high school senior this year, and I'm undecided as to what I want to major in in college. Let me start by saying that I like hard work. I would like a career that lets me work outside at least some of the time. I also make very good grades. I'm at the top of my class and I could probably...

View more questions Search