Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SaraKammeraad Posts: 82, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2009, 11:33 AM
    What to what when your sugar is high? Needed quickly
    My mother in laws sugar is high. She is not diabetic or hyopoglycemic. We need to know what she can do to get it to come back down. She does not want to go to the doctor right now. So any good ideas are appreciated. Thank you.:o
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 11:42 AM

Exercise -- preferably on a treadmill or stationary bike, or just a long enthusiastic walk outdoors.

Why do you say she is not diabetic, and how do you know her sugar is up?
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Oct 17, 2009, 12:48 AM

Hi there,
    Check out cinnamon to lower blood sugar. Keep in mind that if she is taking any medications, she should consult with a doctor before mixing with the cinnamon. It may not mix well with some blood pressure medications. There are tablets available at health food stores or drug stores or get the plain old regular cinnamon and add to food or drinks.

Cinnamon is used to lower cholesterol too!

Check out all the info on the internet. Here's a couple of links to check out. Good luck!

Click here: YouTube - Benefits of Cinnamon

Click here: Cinnamon and Diabetes Treatment Information
    RaNae cDavidson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 08:40 PM

Yes, good question, how does she know it is high? Could be protein in her urine? Sugery? It would be Hyperglycemic.. High blood suger
    You can by test strips that .show keytones in the urine. Minerals help such as Magenese, Chromium, Zinc.. if she can take those okay. I would want to go to the doctor. I am diabetic, My glucose reading got up to 1000 before I went to the hospital. Nothing to play with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solution Set! Explanation needed quickly! [ 1 Answers ]

x- 4 - sq. rt. Of: 9x = 0 consists of A)exactly one negative number B) exactly one positive number - B C) exactly one positive number and one negative number. D) exactly two negative numbers E) exactly two positive numbers

Water in toilet bowl rises high & drains quickly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, After flushing the water rises high like it is going to overflow then drains out. The water in the tank is at the proper level. This has been happening intermittingly. Thank you for your time. Saundra

High pressure valve needed [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a solenoid valve rated at 2000-3000 psi. can a paintball push valve do? I will be adding the soleniod? Please not too expensive valve!

Foster kitten in very bad shape, aid needed quickly [ 2 Answers ]

We are fostering a female and her 7 kittens. One of them since 6:00 am to 8:00 p.m. has gone down hill fast, and no vets are open in our little town. The kitten is lethargic, mostly non responsive, but will occasionally fight when we try and get liquid into it. You can barely feel the ribs, but...

Ping is WAY TO HIGH - Assistance needed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, first time poster here. My ping is very high, which is effecting online gaming. Can anyone provide me with some advice? Thanks in advance I have a DSL with 3meg down and 1 meg up, connected through a router. My computer is the only computer in the household

View more questions Search