Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shadowseek89 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 05:15 AM
    Bad breath?
    Every day I wake up my mouth are very dry, there is something white on my tongue and I have a bad breath. Please help...
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 11, 2009, 05:18 AM

It just means you are probably sleeping with your mouth open. I often do so and my mouth is constantly dry when I wake up and I have that gross white stuff.
    Just make sure you brush your teeth as well as your tongue super good and see what happens!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 05:18 AM

Brush your teeth when you wake up.

Aug 11, 2009, 05:26 AM

Of course I brush my teeth, but it doesn't help much. After 5 or 6 hours the white thing and bad breath are back?
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 11, 2009, 05:37 AM

Then brush again, carry around a little travel thing of mouth wash, carry gum with you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 06:47 AM

Ever used a tongue scraper?

Aug 11, 2009, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Ever used a tongue scraper?
    Yes I did try the tongue scraper but it doesn't help. It just removes the surface layer.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowseek89 View Post
    Yes I did try the tongue scraper but it doesn't help. It just removes the surface layer.

I can't imagine what the problem is. Have you spoken with a Dentist and/or your Physician to see what else could be causing your bad breath, something like a chronic sinus infection, perhaps?

Aug 11, 2009, 08:17 AM

I was drinking some heavy anti-biotics. But it didn't help. I think it was nasal drip, or something like that.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowseek89 View Post
    I was drinking some heavy anti-biotics. But it didn't help. I think it was nasal drip, or something like that.

Your breath won't improve until the nasal drip clears up. Antibiotics can also cause stomach upsets which cause bad breath.
    bets05fl Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2009, 10:28 PM

It is most important to brush your teeth before bed, because you create less sylva while your sleeping which makes you more prone to cavaties, infection, and bad breath. You should also visit your dentist twice a year, and if advised possibly every three months. How long has it been since your last dental cleaning? If it's been awhile, you could have developed periodontis which happens when plaque and calculus build up on your teeth. This causes bacteria to be in your mouth at all times, which could be the reason for the smell. It also is linked to heart problems! You may also need to use a medicated mouth rinse, which will require a prescription. Either way you need to see you dental hygienist, she can also give you free samples and help solve your problem!
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 12:26 AM
    Drinking lots of water can sometimes help - especially if you're taking antibiotics. Also taking probiotics which alter the acidity of the stomach.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All I Need Is The Air That I Breath [ 14 Answers ]

I am trying to find out who sings this song and not sure if the title is completely correct... Sometimes All I Need Is The Air That I Breath... I am told that Olivia Newton John sang it but I am looking for the male artist that sang it. I have been searching for this info for quite sometime... any...

My cat has bad breath! [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I probably do too lol. But I've never noticed bad breath on my cat when he comes for cuddles until the last couple of days. He hasn't been eating anything different to normal, and it's not like a fishy smell or whatever, but a real stale smell. It's really bad, but my husband can't smell...

Cat Breath [ 3 Answers ]

Ok this may seem like a silly qustion, but here it goes. I have a cat that lives indoors and he has the most awful smelling breath. I wouldn't mind if he was outdoor, but since he is in my house I was hoping there was something I could do about it. I've tried those cat treats that are supposed...

Bad breath [ 10 Answers ]

Hello,, My problem is my husband has a bad breath... I am the one who is ashamed to the people he talk,, he is working and always talking to his client... What will I do to minimize his bad breath, I tried to give him some tongue freshner but it didn't works... please help me...

Bad breath [ 3 Answers ]

is there anything i can do about my puppys bad breath?:eek: :confused: L0L

View more questions Search