Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherriematt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Puppy with parvo
    I had a puppy for 7 days he had to be put to sleep due to parvo I have a 2 1/2 year old dog has all shots how long should I watch him for symptoms
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 11:38 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy, it's an awful thing to have to put a puppy to sleep.

Symptoms will show around 7-14 days after exposure. The vaccinations will definitely help but still be on the lookout for any symptoms and get him to the vet straight away. I wish you luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with parvo [ 3 Answers ]

When can I bring a new puppy home after our other one died of parvo.

When can I get another puppy after my puppy died of parvo? [ 19 Answers ]

My husband and I recently bought a puppy. 5 days later she was very sick and after taking her to the vet hospital we found out she had parvo. We did everything possible to help her get better but after 5 days of 24 hour treatment we had to put her to sleep. We've now learned that she contacted the...

4lb Lab/pit puppy with Parvo. Very Sad. [ 12 Answers ]

So I have the same story as most of the other Parvo posts on here. Except mine is only four pounds. I love the little guy but I don't know if he's going to make it. I plan to visit him at the vets every day. This all really sucks because Im in the army and just got back recently so moneys kind of...

Parvo Puppy [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I recently bought a Shihtza-poo puppy from a rescue on 21 Apr 06. The rescue stated ,"Animals that go thru this rescue are spay/neutered, brought up to date on their vaccinations, checked for heartworms and parasites, and leave to go to their new homes after our vet tells us they are in...

Parvo Puppy [ 9 Answers ]

My Mom purchased a Yorkie-Poo puppy on Friday April 7th, from a local Breeder. She took him to the vet Monday the 10th and he was given a Clean bill of health, although the Vet was not pleased with the Paperwork provided by the breeder (regarding shots given). On Wed. April 12th, my Mom...

View more questions Search