Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jagermylove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2006, 08:44 PM
    I can't figure out what's wrong with my puppy
    I have recently received a miniature pinscher mixed with something for my birthday a couple weeks ago. He is about four months old. Lately he has been throwing up yet acting the same as he always does. I'm really worried about him. A neighbor had mentioned that he may have parvo, if he was throwing up liquid, but it is almost like a foam. Please help. I am desperate to find out whats wrong with my puppy he's my little baby!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2006, 08:49 PM
    Please bring him to a vet.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 27, 2006, 09:08 PM
    Please take him to a vet. But if it is foam, it may just be an upset tummy. My dogs do this if they eat too fast or have an upset tummy.

You can tell an upset tummy if they eat grass when you take them out.

I have a dog that has survived parvo and it came on all of the sudden and it was not just throwing up, there was also a lot of lethargy.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 27, 2006, 09:15 PM
    Parvo is a VERY SERIOUS situation so if that's suspected, go to the vet immediately and if you have not been to see the vet (you didn't mention anything so I am fearing the worst) then you are long overdue too.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 27, 2006, 09:20 PM
    According to my vet when my labradobe had parvo, it attacks small dogs, young dogs and old dogs harder and faster than it does vaccinated dogs or dogs of older age or weight.

The main reason we knew it was parvo was because the dog had absolutley NO energy.

You must call your vet ASAP.

As Val said, this is serious. It is even life threatening if not caught in time. Treat this pup as your child. If you knew your child had a life threatening illness would you not take it to a doctor?

Please call first thing and get him in for a blood test.
    jagermylove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2006, 11:30 PM
    See the thing is when i got him the people who had him before said they had taken to the vet and said he had all his shots taken care of, but they never gave us any type of paperwork. A friend told me i was over reacting to his symptoms, but he's like my child. But i appreciate all of your comments and the second it is 8:00 tomorrow morning im calling my vet and getting him an apt. ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's wrong with me? [ 2 Answers ]

I was supposed to start my period on the 3rd and I did, but I bled that day and then I didn't bleed at all the next day, then on the 5th I bled and the sixth I didn't bleed.. I don't know why my period is being like this, a couple days before I started my period I had sex.. so I don't know if this...

Help me figure out what's wrong... [ 6 Answers ]

Okay about 5 days ago me and my Hubby and intercourse he didn't pull out the following day it happened again.I am fine with it I love kids I am youn (20) but I want kids soon. E thought I might be and I got super happy. He was scared at first but came around to it quickly. We choose names went...

What's wrong with me? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a couple different symptoms that have been going on for a few weeks and I am trying to see if anyone can relate to these problems. All right, I have been really tired for the last 3 weeks, even when I sleep well at night I am still tired. Every time after I eat or drink something with...

What's wrong with me, someone help [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, lets see, I'm sixteen and in a relationship, have been for three months now. I believe him when he tells me he loves me, and for the first time in any relationship I don't have to ask myself if I love him, because I know the answer is yes. But I always have seconds thoughts in the back of my...

What's Wrong With Me? [ 26 Answers ]

The Past Two Years Have Been A Major Rollercoaster For Me... Between Bad Relationships An Family Problems All Of It Has Really Affected Me Emotionally And Is Really Starting To Take Its Toll On My Life... ive Lost All My Friends Because Of My Bad Traits An Insane Ways Of Self Harm. Which Is How I...

View more questions Search