Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kay23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 05:36 PM
    My dogs got to lump on her neck
    I'm at a friends house. She has a small dog that has a large lump on her neck. She left the dog with a babysitter for about four days so this lump came over that period. The lump is very hard and I can't move it around. It doesn't seem to be as painful as it was a couple days ago but she still needs help. Its very large and I'm unable to move it around. Please help me ASAP
    Thank you
    Kaylee
    narky Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 05:46 PM
    I have no idea but if it's an emergency there is an animal hospital in Portland, OR [if you live near there]. You can check if it is located near you. Dove Lewis. It's kind of expensive but they saved my kitten's life and my friend's dog who got hit by a car's too. I don't know where you live so I don't know if that was very helpful sorry. -__-"

You need to get a vet to examine it soon though. It's a bad idea to wait for small animals. Especially if doggy is in pain.

I hope doggy gets better soon. :]

Edit: I looked up the same question on the web. Some people's comments:
    Could be a cyst, the vet will have to drain the cyst and put a drain in it and you will have to flush it out a few times a day, but do take her to the vet. If it is a tumor mass, it may need to be removed.

Has the dog been vaccinated recently? Because it could be a lump from that. If so:It's probably a vaccine reaction that has caused an abcess. It will need to be drained and your dog put on antibiotics. You need to take her to the vet ASAP or else it could get very large and could burst.

If it doesn't go away within a day or so (or gets bigger) have it looked at.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cyst or Lump on Ear or Neck [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all! I found this website and post as a result of a "lump behind my ear". I was hoping to get some answers. I first got a golfball size lumpon my ear when I was 8 years old (18 years ago). I had it operated on and most of this "cyst" was removed. A similar problem came back but near the...

Lump on neck [ 12 Answers ]

I noticed it about a month ago. I went to the doctor last week and he said it was an infection from in my mouth. So I went to the dentist yesterday, and he said it was too far back to be from my teeth. I am worried because it seems to be getting bigger, and it is starting to feel tender to...

I found a lump on my neck and back of my head. [ 1 Answers ]

I found a lump just above my cheek bone on the side of my face, I then found two lumps on the back of my head at opposite sides, they are on the outside of the skull. The lumps aren't big about the size of peas. But I think I have found another one on my neck but I'm not sure as it might just be...

Lump On My Rottwilers Neck [ 7 Answers ]

I Have Found A Large Lump On The Back Of My Rottwilers Neck This Lump Is Inbeded Under His Skin But Is Moveable What Could This Be? Please Help.:(

View more questions Search