Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngelWithWings2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Bone marrow donations
    I am a regular blood donator, and at my last donation I was given a leaflet about donating bone marrow. After looking through the leaflet, I felt I may be interested in registering with the blood marrow registary. I am only 18, and I don't know too much about the procedure or anything, but I was just wondering if anybody has donated before or has more information on it, because I really would like to find out more about it
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Here is a great website that walks you through the process step-by-step

Steps of Bone Marrow & PBSC Donation - for donors on the NMDP Registry
    myth007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Well, I am in a national register of bone marrow potential donors for a year. I had to fill in some forms about my health, then had a talk with doctor and then they took me a little blood to be able to put me in the register with some specifics of my blood (I think some are called HLA antigens). Nothing painful more than giving blood. But I already haven't been chosen to donate bone marrow so I cannot tell you how it feels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abnormal Bone Marrow [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 52 year old woman and I have been having lower back problems. I had an MRI and they found I had bone marrow. I then had a body scan and it showed nothing. Should I be concerned or is this normal to have back problems with abnormal bone marrow?

Taxes and donations to non-profit [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, What is the monetary deduction limit that I can donate to a non-profit organization? Also, are there different limits for federal and state?

Donations for Consignment Shop [ 4 Answers ]

Is it okay to take donations to open a thrift shop? Teresa

Donations [ 1 Answers ]

If a church is incorporated, but does not have a 501c3 status can donations be counted off on income tax. Would we be able to give a receipt for their income tax?

View more questions Search