Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chb19622000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Unwanted lesbian advances
    I am a straight, married female, mid 40's, I have a great neighbor, she is a really nice person and I enjoy her company,she is also a lesbian. This is totally OK with me as her sexual preferences are none of my business.
    The problem is that when she comes over to visit she starts making unwanted sexual advances towards me and my other straight friends. I have tried to be kind in the way I tell her that this is not acceptable behavior with me but it does not seem to be working.
    How do I get her to stop this without being mean or hurtful?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 11:25 AM
    When the two of you are alone and talking, and she says something that causes you discomfort, say, "stop it." Remind her that you have asked her to stop it before. She probably doesn't realize how often she is doing it or how uncomfortable it is making you. Tell her to stop it as many times as it takes. She will.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 11:29 AM
    How would you deal with a man that did you that way?
    If it were me and it happened more than once I would really get pi$$y... I would also get pi$$y if a man did not honor my request. There would be no friendship... it is hard to be friends with someone that will continue to disregard your feelings.
    Quill Youngthorne Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 11:46 AM
    If you do want the friendship of this woman, but not the advances, try explaining it to her that way. For example, "I enjoy having you as a friend, but I don't want the friendship if you continue making me (and my friends) uncomfortable." If she values your friendship, she will stop. If she continues, tell her that you are not only ending the friendship, but filing sexual harassment charges against her (even if you're not). You have plenty of witnessess in your other friends.
    If she is in need of serious therapy, a restraining order may be necessary, as well.
    Kagan88 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Jul 9, 2009, 05:17 PM

If she does not respect your wishes than I do not see how it is a true friendship... I would keep her in the neighbor category and nothing more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need help dealing with being a lesbian [ 14 Answers ]

I don't really know if this is the right place to post this but I have a problem and was wondering if some of you might help me out. Im a lesbian, and I'm 17 and just feel SO alone about the whole gay thing cause I live in Tennessee (not saying it's a bad place to live) and not a lot of people...

Gay/lesbian.how to know [ 14 Answers ]

How do you know if you are gay or lesbian? And if you would make out with another girl but never date her does that make you a lesbian or bi or what? I'm not I just want to know!:p

Lesbian or bi [ 6 Answers ]

hi I am 25, I don't know if I will call myself bi or lesbian. Still now I am wodering.I have sex before with a female (girl to girl) and I find it good, even there is no penetration I mean the real thing (penis) I feel satisfied.. I like the way she touched me because its so gentle but if I have...

How do I handle my friends 16yo daughters sexual advances [ 5 Answers ]

I am in my 30s and a long time friend (late 40s) has got his hands full with his prescription pill abusing wife, gay son, and promiscuous teenage daughter. I have know her since she was a baby and she always had a "little girl crush" on me. I have brought my girlfriends over and introduced...

I don't know if I'm lesbian or not [ 7 Answers ]

OK well I was dating this girl whom I love very much for about 2 years and then I became pregnant from this guy whom I also love very much.. now I am living w/ him and we're engaged but I always find myself sneaking off to her.. I don't know what I am! Help:(

View more questions Search