Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam872001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Going bald
    I have a male cat he is over a year old. He started going bald on his hind legs and it worked up to his tail and above his tail on his back. At first I thought he had fleas but I went to look at him there was only one flea. Then I was still worried about the fleas and gave him a bath. So then I thought maybe he's going bald cause of an allergic reaction to the shampoo, so then I switched to the kind that you use on kittens. Just recently his neck started going bald also his neck has scabs all over it. Need some advice. He is so bald on his but that you can see his stuff:o .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Please take him to the vet. The cat may have an allergy to something, for instance to flea saliva and is scratching so much that he is becoming bald. There are other possibilities too.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Definitely time for a vet. It sounds like it could be mange, or some other skin conditions I can think of. You need to figure out what's wrong so that you can do the appropriate cure.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Yes, take him to the vet. I agree it sounds like a flea allergy. I was told by the vet that it only takes 1 bite to set off intense itching for days. The experts say for every 1 flea you see 100 are hidden.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daschund with bald spots [ 11 Answers ]

I have a daschund who is 1 year and about 7 months. He is very eager and friendly and in really good shape. I switched him from Iams to Nutro a while ago, and the dandruff he used to have has completely gone away because his skin is of course better moistened. But just recently, I have begun to...

Cat going bald [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I have two, cats one is a house cat, who never goes outside, she is afraid of the wind! Poor little mite! The other is a tom cat who loves going out, but lately I have notice on his back that his fur has tinned out and he starting to go bald. When a rub that area he licks his front paws like...

Bald spots [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up one morning and noticed I had a bald spot about the size of a nickel in the back of my head. A couple weeks later now three more spots have popped up but they are somewhat smaller than the first one. What could be causing my hair to disappear in spots like this?

Can I do this without ending up bald [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago I dyed my hair and ended up with a result I did not like at all. Day before yesterday I redyed trying to change my shade <darker to lighter> Is it all right to dye my hair again in two days without melting or losing my hair? I'm trying to go from ash blonde to a very dark brown,...

Bald cat [ 1 Answers ]

My 1.5 yo outside cat has just recently started getting big mats of hair around neck and they are falling out. The cats neck is going bald. It seems to be the only place. Any ideas? Is my other cat in danger? How about my border collies? The cats live in the barn but have good food and good beds....

View more questions Search