Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluebear3 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Gall bladder operation
    Hi
    I am just over a key hole surgurey I had my gall bladder removed. Although its not painful now- I have been taking over the counter pain killers, not all the time but on and off. I have been off work for the last two weeks. I still have a few paper sticthes in me . Its still quiet sore and hurts a lot- I can't bend down really with out getting some discomfort- I was wondering how long one takes to get over such a operation - and when would I return to work . Kind of bored been around the house all the time ! Can't do anything !
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 08:19 AM
    I took 3 days off, no painkillers and went back to work. At the time I was a mechanic for a major steel company.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 08:25 AM
    I had mine done on a Thursday (got a tubal ligation, too) and went back to work on Monday. I was driving a school bus at the time.

I was bruised for a couple of weeks, but the pain wasn't very bad (as I recall.) Maybe you should check with your doctor and make sure you don't have an infection.
    bluebear3 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Thanks for your comments - before I had the operation I had a infection all under my rib cage and around my gall bladder was inflamed- was on antibodics for a while. Maybe its just the soreness from that. The opening at my right side where I think the gall bladder was sucked out of is the worst sorness it stints none stop. I have appointment with my doctor on Friday earliest I could get - hopefully by then I will improve.
    When I was in hospital they told me the maxium length of healing after a gall bladder operation is 7-10days. I don't think my operation was straight forward the consultant told e afterwards that I was lucky he could get the gall bladder out when he did, he said he didn't like the look it - but they probably say that to everyone. I think some one said to me everyone is different after operations. If the gall bladder isn't inflamed or infected its usually just a straight forward day case - I went into hospital earlier Monday morning, didn't get out until the Friday the end of the week .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gall Stones [ 2 Answers ]

What do you recomment to get rid of these? Currently on heart medication

Gall stones and liver cleanse [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever tried the gall stone flush and blast treatment? Did it work

Gall stones [ 1 Answers ]

Can you pass gall stones? I have had a sharp pain in the lower left side of my stomach, also have heartburn and feel nausea no fever. I passed 2 grayish whitish "stones" and some other nasty stuff.

Gall bladder attack [ 1 Answers ]

I suffered a gall bladder attack this weekend. I am trying to learn what may have caused this. Would there be any connection to my long term use of the depo shot?

Bladder [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering why I have a strong odor of urine. Im only 35 and I do the sanitary things to make sure I don't have the odor but its still there.I bathe twice daily. What's going on?

View more questions Search