Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ken_z Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Pregnant
    Im pregnant but not married. Me and my partner are having problems and he threatens me saying he is going to get custody of my baby can he?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2007, 01:46 PM
    He can try. That doesn't mean he'll get it. The judge will weigh all the evidence and decide based on what's deemed to be in the best interests of the child.
    olenatichenor Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_z
    Im pregnant but not married. Me and my partner are having problems and he threatens me saying he is going to get custody of my baby can he?
    Depends.
    Do you have a job? Does he? You might want to get a lawer if you are sure he'll try to take your baby from you.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 01:37 PM
    It is EXTREMELY hard for a child to be taken away from a mother. The father would need tp prove that you are unfit to care for the child, and the judge would have to see it in the best interest of the child to be in primary care of the father.

But again, this is very hard to do.
    Krystina1987 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_z
    I am pregnant also and my boyfriend (the father of the baby) says that he is going to get custody of our baby too. But, I heard that the only way for him to get custody of the baby and take him/her away from you is if he can prove that you are an unfit mother. Like for example like you drink too much or you do drugs or your abusive in any way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 07:12 PM
    He is trying to intimidate you. You have to be a really bad person to have your baby taken away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I'm 15.I think I'm pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm 15 and me and my boyfriend have been having sex for the past year and a half... I think I mightbe pregnant now, because the other day, we didn't have a condom,and I thought it would be fine because we usually use the "withdrawel method"... but the other day he didn't come out in...

Could I really be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfrien have been having sex without condoms for about a month now and each time he pulls out but never quick enough. We had sex just a day before my period (it came unexpectedly) and that was march 23 and since then things have been leading me to believe I'm pregnant. I have had bad...

Why does it say I am pregnant, but they say no? [ 1 Answers ]

I have no symptoms of being pregnant other than the fact that I had a very very light period this month. I took a pregnancy test this morning just to make sure that I wasn't pregnant and it was positive. I went to the doctor and they did a urine test and it was negative so they did blood work and...

Am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex for the first time the day after I got off my cycle and two days later I experienced what felt like morning sickness and I was very sensitive to smells. Everything made my stomach upset. That lasted for about a week and then I was okay. Then I started looking at my nipples and I felt like...

View more questions Search