Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeannie41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 04:54 PM
    New born puppies with swollen bellies why
    The mother dog this is her first litter she's ate the cord way down could this be the cause or what. Just found one dead. Its at night no vet open. Mother dog is in great health. Was checked for worms not long ago.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2007, 06:55 PM
    This is why you should have started research and accumulated some books long ago. You could try your vet's regular number if you don't have an emergency number.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 06:55 AM
    The mother was checked for worms or the puppies?

The puppies could still have worms even if the mother doesn't. My puppies had a HORRIBLE infestation of worms. When I rescued him, I think he was too young to be away from his mother, not only that, his belly was so big it almost hit the floor. He had horrible worms, and then started vomiting them too... he got really lethargic, and it really got scary. He had to be treated aggressively to get rid of them.

I would get them to a vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where were you born [ 104 Answers ]

Out of curiosity, I wonder where you guys were born. Where were you born and where do you call home and where do you live now. I was born in Nebraska, raised in Alaska and live in Oregon. I have to say that Alaska will always be my home, my whole life was spent there except for the last 6 years...

Why are we born ? [ 63 Answers ]

What is the purpose of our life ? To enjoy ? To suffer ?

Lazy Toilet caused by sewer line bellies [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My downstairs toilet just recently became a lazy flusher and sometime acts like it is blocked up. The RR guys came out and snaked it with no result. I pulled the toilet and installed a new one (the old one was builders quality and I was happy to replace it). This didn't fix the problem. ...

View more questions Search