Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worriedhelp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 03:31 PM
    Scared I cant have children how can I find out?
    I'm 19years old and have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend for the past year, and I have never been pregnant. I started my period at the age of 9, and they are very irregular. We have sex at least 4times a week. I started worrying thinking why haven't I got pregnant. A month ago I got told I had PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), I was told that a sexual disease did not cause it but just a bad bacteria. I know this can cause you infertility if untreated. I have had it treated but now I'm worried if I haven't felt pregnant in the last year maybe I didn't catch it in time and now ill never be able to have children. I am worried sick can not sleep and just want to cry all the time. Can anyone help me please?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 08:24 PM

First, stop having unprotected sex. While you probably don't have any issues with getting pregnant, you could certainly pick up some issues if you continue to have unprotected sex in your single years. You very well could end up pregnant, too - don't assume that you can't.

Your boyfriend could have a low sperm count or motility (ability of the sperm to move and enter the egg). It could just be dumb luck that you haven't gotten pregnant yet. You could have missed your fertile days. There is no guarantee anyone, particularly someone with an irregular schedule and who was not entirely healthy in the past year (PID) will get pregnant within a year.

Once you are ready to be pregnant there are a ton of things that xan be done to assess your fertiity and improve your chances. In the meantime, talk to your doctor about your irregular cycles and your concerns. Perhaps he can do something like put you on the pill to regulate your cycles and get you on a normal pattern. Also ask if the PID has caused any complications or if your doctor sees any other reasons that would prevent you from getting pregnant when you are ready.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is very scared of men and children? [ 7 Answers ]

My dog is afraid of men and children. I have had her since she was 6 weeks old and she has never been hurt or anything by either. She warms up to females easier. She barks constantly at them and it takes a while for a man to be able to be around her without her barking and scaring them. Any ideas...

I'm pregnant and scared I won't be able to find a Man [ 2 Answers ]

I am 16 weeks pregnant my boyfriend of 2 years left me the day he found out. I was not expecting this! I like to think I am very pretty I used to do a lot of modeling and beauty pageants. Im scared since I'm pregnant with someone else's child then no other man is going to want me.

Am scared if she will find another guy. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi evey one Am 23 years old I love agirl and she love me also, but we are far a way from each other, we had been together more than one year but something happened to me made me go to work in another country after 5month I'll back to her but we'r not together since September last year, she...

How do I find out if my asian boyfriend is gay and just too scared to tell me? [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend is a very sexy looking half asian 38 year old with a difficult past. He is impressive, strong and very individual and a great friend. However, he never seems very interested in sex and doesn't want oral sex at all. We have sex about once every two weeks. I have wondered before if...

View more questions Search