Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girl510 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 12:23 AM
    New tongue pierce
    On the 10th day after my tongue piercing, I changed the barbel to a shorter one for the swelling has gone down. The next day, I changed it right back to the starter barbel for it had seemed as if the new barbel wasn't the right size. It was creating a dent on the top of my tongue :eek:

2 days later, I noticed somewhat of a bump underneath my tongue where the ball is. I want to believe that this somewhat bump had formed from removing the barbel and replacing it back had irritated it area.

Now, another 2 days later, I have "white stuff" on the floor of my mouth. + somewhat of a few tiny bumps...

Again, I want to believe that this has been created by the mouthwash I have been using for this time of healing (2 weeks).

Nothing hurts but the tip of my tongue is a bit tender. Its tingly and has a slight burning sensation.

Am I only going through a really tough healing process or am I out of luck? :confused:
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Aug 31, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Its infected, you arnt suppose to change them until a few months after. Did you stirylise the shorter barbel?
    I've heard your suppose to be really careful with piercings in the mouth or lip.
    I'd go to the doctors and they'd give you something or/and they could tell you to take it out which kind of sucks.
    dino_chan Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Well it probably was less swollen then it had been in a while, and of course looked smaller to you. But all the moving, and changing you did to it probably beat it up some, and it swelled again.
    I know that tongue piercings are supposed to heal really fast, but I'm pretty sure its more around 15-20 days... and even then its not always going to be FULLY healed.
    If you think the white stuff if from your mouthwash, it may be time to change. I hope you're using a mouth wash with no alcohol in it, because alcohol will kill the new cells that want to heal your tongue around your piercing, so make sure that's not actually hurting it~ Though the best would be a sea salt solution to clean it.
    And not eating dairy or bread while its still angry.
    Cassibabii Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 05:53 AM

I'd go back to my piercer and ask him about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Anyone Know How To Pierce Your Lip? [ 10 Answers ]

Does Anyone KNow How to Peirce a lip? Ok look I want to peirce my lip. I mom won't take me to get it done, I have peirced my ears 4 times and my nose and she was fine with it.

Tongue ring digging into my tongue. [ 5 Answers ]

So I got my tongue pierced about a month ago; It didn't hurt much but as soon as the swelling went down The top ball started digging into my tongue. I know you're supposed to change it to a shorter one After the swelling goes down so I did. But now I'm not sure if it's digging into the top of...

Tongue barbell sinking into tongue [ 11 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced just over 2 days ago and the woman who pierced it used a relatively short barbell. I trusted her judgement because she said she had been doing piercings for many years. I was happy that I could eat and talk pretty easily but the next morning it began to swell. Now, the top...

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

View more questions Search