Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie1237020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 08:54 PM
    How to convince my dad to get a miniature schnauzers?
    Hi Ive been wanting dogs for my whole life and I'm 13 years old. My Mom and my Brother have been wanting dogs forever, but can never get my Dad to give in. Hes had dogs and tells funny, cute, and sad stories he had with his dogs, but doesn't let us get dogs. Its not a money thing at all. I make straight A's, clean the house, do laudry(all not just mine), clean fish tanks. I do it all on my own and when I'm not asked to and they thank me and they say I'm responcible. My dads not selfish except for the dogs and I don't know what to do to convince him. I have 2 fish tanks that I take very good care of that's all I've had for pets. Plzzz help me I really want Miniature Schnauzers and have done a lot research, supply prices and even the dogs for sale! Plzz help me and give me advice(:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 08:56 PM
    What reason does your Dad give you for not wanting the dogs?
    jackie1237020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    What reason does your Dad give you for not wanting the dogs?
    He doesn't want to end up having to take care of it and doesn't want to have to pick up after it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 10:04 PM

Have you asked him if he thinks you're responsible enough?

Maybe he's worried about when you grow up and leave. You're 13, it won't be long before you're an adult, move out. Then he'll be stuck with the dog, if you don't take it with you.

Have you had a serious talk with him, shown him the research you've done?

I know how you feel. When I was a kid I begged for a dog for many years before my parents finally agreed to get one. It took a long time to convince them that I would take care of all the clean up, walks, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince my dad to let me get my cartilage pierced [ 13 Answers ]

Heyy I'm 15 and I really want my cartilage pierced. My dad is a nutcase police officer and I really need to convince him to let me get it. Also, does it hurt a lot and is there anything I can do to lessen the pain (im getting it with a needle if I get it. My aunts a doctor and the needle is safer...

Miniature Daschund [ 3 Answers ]

Our miniature daschund went out to potty today but when she came back into the house she suddenly couldn't use her back legs. She was trying desperatly to move toward my husband but couldn't. Then suddenly she began shaking. My husband began getting ready to take her to the vet and 5 minutes...

Miniature dachshunds [ 1 Answers ]

My 5 yr.old mini dachshunds is a few weeks pregnant. She has not eaten or drank water in 24hrs. I'm so worried about her. She has had some diarrhea, bleeding and vomit. She is about 6-7lbs. Healthy and active. Please only helpful comments PLEASE!

Miniature dachsund [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 mont old mini weiner dog, and he is so very hyper.I was wondering if this was a common trait among this breed of dogs. If not, how long can I expect this behavior to go on?

Miniature schnauzer [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I happen to have an odd situation that I hope someone here will be able to help me with. I have a 5 month old miniature schnauzer. At least 4 or 5 times a day this odd sound comes out of him. I want to describe it as a sort of purring sound. He does it at any given time, and I have no idea...

View more questions Search