Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    molehill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Daschound puppies
    Our daschound had a litter of 3, now they are 7 weeks old. 2 of them seem to have a neck problem. Most of the time they hold their head crooked, but then sometimes it appears to be no problem. Does anyone have any idea what this could be and anything to do for it?
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jul 2, 2008, 07:05 PM
    I'd get it checked out by your vet. Dachshunds are known to have back and musculoskeletal problems because they were bred to be long and short. It could be a genetic problem that I'd get an expert to look at asap. Be prepared to pay for some x rays.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Jul 2, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Why haven't they been to the vet yet? Where both parents checked and cleared of any health problems before you choose to breed them? I am very concerned with the number of uninformed breeders visiting this site recently. I hope that you will choose to fix your dog to prevent anymore pregnancies, especially if you have already bred puppies with health problems. PLEASE take the puppies to the vet ASAP. If you are unable to care for their medical needs, please contact a rescue so they can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About: Puppies [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the exact stages of puppies up to 6 months? I need to know because I'm not sure if my pup is developing properly Help needed ASAP Thank you

My name is Kathaleen and I have a two year old daschound [ 2 Answers ]

Angel Baby is a miniature daschound she a tiny little girl and she has just became pregnet and I am wondering what is the length of a daschound pregnancy? She is currently five weeks along and since this is our first pregnancy I am needing a little counseling.:confused:

My Daschound ate choclate, what should I do! [ 2 Answers ]

I just got home from school, and I saw wrappers on the floor. There was atleast 7 chocolate kisses eaten, and some type of chocolate thing it was the size of an egg, or a little bigger and it was made of all chocolate. What do i do, and what are the symptoms???

My male Daschound pup [ 2 Answers ]

My Doxie, Jangles has been in our home for 10 months. He will be 1 yr old. Lately, at times he acts afraid of us, and when I call him to soothe him, he crawls to me almost on his belly. No one at my home would ever hurt Jangles. Recently, about a month ago he was neuterd, I'm not sure if this...

Mini Daschound: How many times at day? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 5 month mini daschound, its apeears to be healty. I know this kind of dogs must be under 22 lb. of weight. Then I want to know ow many time at day I have to feed him and how many cups of food need. He is eating Eukanuba small breed. Thanks

View more questions Search