Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    autumn4019 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Carpet stain
    How do I restore the color in the carpet after I accidentially:( spilled a stain remover with bleach in it on there? It is a rather large stain & I just recently moved into this apartment & want to fix it if I can. Thanks.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 22, 2008, 11:14 AM

Bleach? Nope. You can't remove the stain because its not really a stain now. It's a spot of the carpet with less color. Bleach removes the color. You MAY be able to get a fabric dye and try to re-dye it.. BUT BE CAREFUL!! There is not like an exact match so you would have to mix colors to try to reproduce the color... and more than likely you won't get it exact. If you try this, get an old white shirt or something similar to test the color on before you put it on the carpet. Use a small brush and gently dab it in.. Then blot out the excess dye immediately. I really would not suggest trying this.. but, it is an idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpet -Stain Protectors [ 7 Answers ]

We are looking for new carpet, as ours is matted and stained (in the traffic areas only). We have had our carpets professionally cleaned at least every 6 months since buying it. It is olefin, which is said to be the worst for matting, but good on stains. Carpet sellers say nylon is best......

Ink stain on the carpet [ 12 Answers ]

How do I remove an ink stain on the carpet??

Charged for carpet replacement, carpet was not damaged [ 4 Answers ]

I moved out of an apartment and was charged $569.06 to replace the carpet. There was one stain, approximately 12x12 that I agreed was damaged. When I moved out, the Apartment Manager alleged, in writing, that I had a pet. I did not have a pet. I am an 18 year Flight Attendant and literally...

Deck Stain [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best deck stain to use? I have used Behr the past 4 years and every year I have to restain.

View more questions Search