Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missvitra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 05:53 PM
    I think my dog is sick!
    I have a German Shepherd/Chow mix named Ruby approximately 6-7 months old and she is scaring me because she is not acting herself. Monday morning I fed her the usual puppy chow and she gobbled it up, however when I fed her that evening she only ate about a quarter of it. Tuesday morning she didn't eat anything but she was still jumping around and playing like her usual self. Tuesday evening when I called her she wouldn't come and when she finally came she was sad and not playful at all and she won't eat anything. I am worried about her. It was about 100 degrees today and she's an outside dog but she had ample water and plenty of shade to get in out of the heat. What could be wrong? Any suggestions?
    melpumphrey Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Any vomiting or diarrhea? More specifically any un-successful attempts at vomiting, dry heaving? Are all of her toy's intact, did she get in to something?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
    We can give you guesses, but if you want an accurate diagnosis you'll have to go to a vet.

If she ate something bad it could be lodged in her system, the sooner you go to the vet the better in this case.

It could just be a tummy ache, but it's always best to error on the side of caution, because time does matter if it's serious.

Good luck.
    missvitra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Today my Ruby perked up and played a bit today but still no eating. She did attempt to drink water but vomitted it back up. She has no diarrhea that I know of at this time though. I was very worried so I made an appointment to her Vet for tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missvitra
    Today my Ruby perked up and played a bit today but still no eating. She did attempt to drink water but vomitted it back up. She has no diarrhea that I know of at this time though. I was very worried so I made an appointment to her Vet for tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
    I'm glad that you're going to the vet. I'll look for your update, hope that everything is okay.
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 7, 2008, 05:38 AM
    My puppy was excactly the same,in her case she had worms she's wasn't wormed properly before we had her .keep us posted

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

Sick dog [ 2 Answers ]

My daushound is about 4 yrs old and today he just started falling over like he couldn't stand up and he counldnt walk to me and his nose is very wet and warm and then he peed on the floor then this lasted about ten min and he has had a odor for months now and nothing I can do will keep him from...

I think I might be getting sick [ 13 Answers ]

Do I have the flu? Symptoms: *Body aches (arms, lower abdomen and legs) *Stuffy head and sometimes a minor headache *Slight sore throat feeling (seems to be more severe at night) *Last night, I would wake up sweating and then maybe an hour later I would wake up shivering

Sick dog [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 11 year old female chow mixed. She acts as if she is trying to use the bathroom, but seems to have the run. She eats and drinks fine. She acts tired and always cleaning herself and the ground around her. Any help I would love. Sherri & sugar

So sick... [ 10 Answers ]

I feel so sick. I have been in love with one guy for about 6 years now and it's so hard because he's a nice guy but he isn't in love with me. We started dating, I fell in love, he started to taper off, he went through some hard times it became on and off but I was still in love and couldn't let...

View more questions Search