Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grneyes908 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Itchy bug bites
    I recently moved from Illinois to Perkinston, Mississippi ( down by the coast). Ever since I have been here I have gotten bitten by yellow flies, & little black bugs. I have very itchy red bite marks that drive me up the wall because they are so itchy. Once bitten, they get very hard and are raised. I got around 20 bites two weeks ago and they are just now starting to go down. They mainly are on my feet and legs. It seems like every time I go out I always come back with bites--- 5 minutes last night got me around another 10 bites. I use the off spray-- I don't wear any perfume or lotions to ward them off. But it seems like since then, I am always getting sick... Real bad headaches, body aches, diarrhea ( flu like symptoms but with out the fever). Any idea on what it can be or how to stop them?
    grneyes908 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 06:27 AM

I am thinking that the little black bugs might be the No-See-Ums... They are really tiny and they seems to jump... I can be sitting on the porch and they will get on me. But do they cause they symptoms I stated or would that be something else. We didn't have this bad of a bug problem in Illinois and I seem to be the only one who is getting covered and miserable. We don't have any standing water in our yard but there is a swap about a mile away. Wooded area across the street
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 24, 2009, 07:42 AM
    The first possibility to eliminate is fleas. There are several products for outdoor flea control, most of which go through a hose-end sprayer. These products usually help with other biting bugs some.

Try one of the yard spray products for a couple of applications (read the directions for how often they need to be) and see if that helps.

You could also try catching some and affixing them to a notecard and taking them to have them identified. The local college Biology/Entomology Department, a reputable exterminator, or the county Ag. Dept. office would be places to get an I.D.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What insect bites in clusters and very itchy? [ 1 Answers ]

Once or twice a year, it appears that I get bitten by an insect(s) that bite in clusters and result in very, very itchy skin abrasions. The itch can last for five or six days. Do you know what kind of insect this might be.

Bites [ 3 Answers ]

I feel something biting me at night mostly at my legs what could it be? I don't have pets in my home & now my son feels it too.

Oh boy! She bites [ 18 Answers ]

Hi people I been going through the answers & find them very sensible Hope someone will care to put some sense intothis one too There's a girl in my collg I was sending & recievin mails anonymously First she didn't reply to my mails But I devised some smart mails to make her do so We were...

Cluster of bites on lower back. Painful & VERY itchy! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have never used this site before, but thought I might give it a try. Six days ago, Saturday, I fell into a bush by a deserted building while walking (not sure if it's relevant), and on Monday I woke up with 2 bites on my lower back. I scratched them, since I assumed it was just bug...

Bites [ 1 Answers ]

What is a good remedy to stop the itching from bed bug bite?

View more questions Search