Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RON DAWSON Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Heli flying
    Any instructions on remote control helicopter flying?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2008, 03:23 AM

Hi, RON DAWSON!

Are you looking for the instructions to operate a certain kind? If so, it would help to know the name of the company that manufactured it. It could be possible that there might be some information out there on the Internet concerning it.

Thanks!
    Wuerschti Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 09:36 AM

Easy! Get an RC simulator for the PC, like Great Flight 4.5 Cheapest way to get used to the controls, without crashing any RC Helicopters in real life.

Mode1 - Pitch and Roll are on the left thumbstick. Yaw and throttle on the right stick

Mode 2 - Yaw and throttle are on the left stick, Pitch and roll on the right stick.
    shifty79 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 05:07 PM

Well really you should get yourself down to a local heli club and just watch and ask... but if you can't wait and want to try yourself then the key is SMALL MOVES! On the sticks! If you go at it like an RC car you will smash your heli in 10 seconds no joke!. fisrt you should get yourself some training aids these are long rods with plastic balls on the end and will stop your heli from rolling or pitching over at low levels they attach to your skids.. you should always have someone with you when your flying , if your in the park they can keep an eye open for people coming to talk to you (kids are a pain for this) or people just walking past etc etc ( I nearly hit a dog on takeoff once I was on my own ). Never take your eyes off your model esp a heli... OK enough safety talk... ok try just a small amount of gas at first just to get a feel for the power and the trim it will most likely try and yaw either right or left as you increase the gas. Once this happens shut off the gas and move the trims on your transmitter to counter act it... then try again SMALL amounts off gas let the heli take its own wight and get light on the ground.. Once you happy that its going to be stable with the sticks at there zeros you can try some maneuvers but I would say don't get to brave and fly to far away just go back and forth at first until you get used to it... Well good luck man I mean it helis are not easy to fly! That's why I stick to fix wing lol Helis... been there done that got the pieces.. REMEMBER SMALL MOVES!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does flying mean? [ 3 Answers ]

I tend to have dreams of flying, but not just flying more of just walking but being lifted off the ground very high until my next step. This happens to me a lot. Any help?:(

Flying Fright [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I have been cheerleading for about 4 years, but I get really scared when in extensions... I mean, I can do a perfect scorpion, an almost perfect heelstretch, and a scale. And I'm not sure if I can do any tumbling, and don't know if I should try.. Any tips for flying? And do you think...

Flying with crowns [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: can you fly on a plane after having crowns??

Arm pain after flying [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, everyone I have just had a frantic phone call from my sister who has just travelled back to Melbourne on three flights from Dublin then got delayed by fog and had to stay on the plane at another airport for 5 hours. She is now about to get on another plane to the Gold Coast and is experiencing...

What to do with flying and no ID [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry I did not know what category to place this ? in. My mom is currently vacationing in Florida where they have a second home in Florida, she had her poketbook stolen with all her id and credit cards. She is due to fly home next sat. Her drivers license is for fla. But all her mail goes...

View more questions Search