Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

May 31, 2011, 01:51 AM

Awww he is so cute.. Congrats on your new addition! Congrats to the puppy as well for finding his new forever home

I went to a festival this weekend, actually it was just a long road in Calgary with different businesses and community groups. Anyway, they had 3 different rescue groups with pups there to be adopted... I begged and pleaded but hubby made me realize that we can not afford another dog at this time. Owen needs to have his surgery done first. Still my heart was just aching for these pups, I hate seeing animals with no forever home.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

May 31, 2011, 02:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Well the adoption went through! He is officially ours! He is RUDE, BAD, doesn't LISTEN, but he's ours! he's a typical puppy and it's going to be so much fun training him to be the good little boy I know he can be!!
    He looks content. To say the least.

Congrats , he is too cute for his own good!
    I'd end up spoiling him I know... Muttley is a bit spoiled as
    All my pets seem to end up. Wish I knew who was doing it. :rolleyes: ;)

I like the life size pictures too.

Hope you have many many happy years together.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 31, 2011, 07:30 AM

Congrats Bella! I'm sure you'll make him learn the good ways :)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 31, 2011, 03:27 PM

Thanks guys! I just have to share one more :D :D
    Attached Images

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 1, 2011, 08:21 PM
    Well the adoption went through! He is officially ours! He is RUDE, BAD, doesn't LISTEN, but he's ours! he's a typical puppy and it's going to be so much fun training him to be the good little boy I know he can be!!
    Oh boy, You definitely have your hands full for the next while, Bella, my god he is all legs!
    Dogs Expert

Jun 2, 2011, 03:58 PM

Oh Tick, he is so clumsy! It's literally a bull moose in a china shop minus the china ;) He technically is mom and dads new pup, but seeing as our backyards are basically connected, he spends a lot, and I mean a LOT of time over here. Of course I don't mind, or entice him with nice juicy bones :D He is a quick learner, picking up lots of good habits from Lady.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 05:57 AM

Bella, I am sorry I missed your announcement. Congratulations! He is so adorable. :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2011, 06:54 AM

He's gorgeous *squeeeeeee*
    Marriage Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 08:42 AM
    I would like to introduce everyone to the newest member of our household, Dresden.

Name:  Dresden 1 head on 2.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  5.9 KB

He is 12-18 months old. He was found by a police officer on the firing range about six months ago. Skin, bones, and worms. The officer took him in and saved his life. Nursed him back to health after the vet said that the pup probably wouldn't make it. He is now a healthy young man who needs more attention than the officer's older dog was willing to let him have. So, he put him up for adoption.

He obviously was not treated well before or while he was on his own (I am afraid he probably was an abandoned hunting dog. It happens around here.) However, the officer did a great job of healing the body and soul. He is an absolutely wonderful pup.

We had started looking for another dog about Chloe's age and size. I saw his picture and fell in love.

Chloe has adopted him. Wednesday night when we brought him home they spent four hours straight playing with each other. Part of that time was Chloe showing him how to use the doggie door.

I'll put up better pictures of him later and we can have fun playing 'guess the breed/breeds.' :)
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2011, 10:14 AM

He's beautiful :)

Welcome to the newcomer! :D
    Dogs Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 12:17 PM

Ohh how exciting Cat and Cats. He is a handsome boy and no doubt will be just as spoiled as miss Chloe. I could sqish you with hugs and kisses for rescuing this little man! I can't wait to play guess the breed. I'm starting with a lab collie mix :D
    Marriage Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 12:35 PM
    Thanks, Unky. :)

Ohh how exciting Cat and Cats. He is a handsome boy and no doubt will be just as spoiled as miss Chloe. I could sqish you with hugs and kisses for rescuing this little man!! I can't wait to play guess the breed. I'm starting off with a lab collie mix :D
    Thanks, Bella, but the person who rescued him was the officer. We are just opening our home to him.

There does appear to be lab in him and I thought Collie, too, until I saw his tail. He generally keeps it curled rather tightly over his back. I am trying to get a picture with it up, but he doesn't care for the flash on the camera and the tail goes down as fast as Chloe's ear when you want it to stay up. :rolleyes:

I will admit that over the past year, I had forgotten how much fun a double coat is when it comes to shedding.
    Dogs Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 03:17 PM

Ahh the shedding. A whole new joy in it's self :p Even though that wonderful officer rescued him, you guys are just as special in his life. He is one lucky boy. How is his personality. He looks like he's be a lot of fun!
    Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    I would like to introduce everyone to the newest member of our household, Dresden.

Name:  Dresden 1 head on 2.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  5.9 KB

He is 12-18 months old. He was found by a police officer on the firing range about six months ago. Skin, bones, and worms. The officer took him in and saved his life. Nursed him back to health after the vet said that the pup probably wouldn't make it. He is now a healthy young man who needs more attention than the officer's older dog was willing to let him have. So, he put him up for adoption.

He obviously was not treated well before or while he was on his own (I am afraid he probably was an abandoned hunting dog. It happens around here.) However, the officer did a great job of healing the body and soul. He is an absolutely wonderful pup.

We had started looking for another dog about Chloe's age and size. I saw his picture and fell in love.

Chloe has adopted him. Wednesday night when we brought him home they spent four hours straight playing with each other. Part of that time was Chloe showing him how to use the doggie door.

I'll put up better pictures of him later and we can have fun playing 'guess the breed/breeds.' :)
    Oh cat, oh so lovely, look so much like a Walker hound. I love him, can I have him if you don't want him. Love the nose, hound eyes, probably a sight, scent and sound hound dog. My taffy was one of those and was a pleasure beyond belief well into her elder years, bless her heart. Cherish Dresden.

T
    Dogs Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 03:26 PM

He almost looks Beagleish.
    Marriage Expert

Jun 17, 2011, 04:52 PM

Tick, you may have hit on the main part of his breeding. Walkers are very common hunting dogs around here and the firing range is an area that sees a lot of them dumped after hunting season. (It is very hard not to blow up just thinking about the irresponsible 'dog' hunters.)

Hands on he is all hound. Which mixture may be anyone's guess.

I am going to try to get better pictures of him. Also some updated pics of Chloe. I tend to forget just how big she is until she stands next to another dog.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2011, 04:04 AM

Awwww Dresden is adorable!! Congrats on the new addition.
    There certainly looks to be a lot of mixes in there, you can see a little bit of quite a few breeds.
    Expert

Jun 18, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Tick, you may have hit on the main part of his breeding. Walkers are very common hunting dogs around here and the firing range is an area that sees a lot of them dumped after hunting season. (It is very hard not to blow up just thinking about the irresponsible 'dog' hunters.)

Hands on he is all hound. Which mixture may be anyone's guess.

I am going to try to get better pictures of him. Also some updated pics of Chloe. I tend to forget just how big she is until she stands next to another dog.
    Dresden looks exactly like my taffy's mom who was purebred Walker Hound; taffy was l/2 something else. Taf was about 70 lbs. and all legs, huge hound, sight and scent type of hound dog.
    Dogs Expert

Jun 18, 2011, 08:24 AM

I just took a look at some walker hounds online, (we don't see them very often around here) and I have to agree! Dresden sure looks houndish! I guess that's where I was getting the beagleish feelings from.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2011, 08:38 AM

Congrats on all the new additions guys, just looking at the pictures makes me broody slobbering fool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pets and being pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Is it harmful to be around indoor pets while being pregnant?

CA - No Pets Law [ 1 Answers ]

I have been doing research online and I noticed in NY, that if a tenant has a pet for longer than 3 months and the landlord is aware of it and the landlord does not enforce the "no pets" terms of the lease than the tenant can keep the pet for the length of their tenancy. In the state of California...

Pets by marriage [ 3 Answers ]

If my partner and I take the next big step of living together, we would be bringing together two sets of pets (still an if at this stage, although we've both wondered how we would deal with all the pets if we did). He lives on a 5 acre property with a big, gorgeous, cat friendly Rottweiller...

Pictures of our members Pets [ 51 Answers ]

Ok since so many of us talk about our pets, and a few of us have posted pictures of them under the members pictures forum, I wanted to start a new one for Just the pets... Show them all off! Here are some of mine to start it off.:D 2305

View more questions Search