Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MISSIBAYBE Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Jan 8, 2007, 01:15 PM
    My Friend's Dog
    My really good friend just got a 3 month old Bichon Frise/Chiwawa mix. I have a 1 yr. old female doxie. She is potty trained to go on pads and outside, but she still has mistakes once in a while. My friend brought his dog over and the dog peed in my house 5 times (all in different places in the house on my carpet). I'm not use to male dogs and don't know what to expect. I can't have this puppy coming over to my house if he keeps peeing everywhere. Is it peeing because it's still a puppy or is it peeing to mark its territory? My house already smells. I can't have my dog seeing this behavior and peeing all over too. If it is territory, how do I tell my friend I can't have his dog come over when he's almost at my house every other day? Especially when he loves my dog like his own?
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Jan 8, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Just be honest with them and tell them how you do not appreciate having your house smell like dog pee.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Male dogs don't have to be that way. Perhaps you need to have your friend look at this thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/c...use-53142.html

I would stand your ground. You may also want to look at the sticky at the top of the dog forum for more help with your own dog. I can well see a male coming into your house and thinking it need to mark every place where you didn't manage to remove all traces of her accidents. You may want to work at cleaning everything up with vinegar and water or an enzyme cleaner.
    Golden Heart Girl Posts: 10, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 27, 2007, 09:32 AM
    I think maybey you should talk to your friend and tell her how you feel about the dog. Your friend will propbably understand and try and make a soloution.
    sam872001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Why don't you try going over to her house if it's territory problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Morgan dog - stuffed toy dog [ 19 Answers ]

I am looking for an older stuffed dog, a child's toy, that had a rubber squeaker in the nose,  We used to call it a "Morgan" dog,  it had big plactic eyes that had loose black centers,  any info on this toy would be nice.

My friend's kittens have... Pink Eye? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend started with just 2 cats a couple years ago, now his house is filled with 'em. He won't spay his animals even though they get out and get gang banged and get pregnant and have the kittens and they start this process over and over again. Okay, anyway, since January, the kittens have been...

My dog is 50 days old and is not eating Dog chow [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My dog name is scoobee, golden labarador,n is 50 days old,he became thin after vaccination ,got fever.. n when I try to feed him Dog chow he simply deny to intake... kindly suggest me... how to attract him in eating of Dog chow as it contains all the minerals and suppliments to good growing...

My Friend's new book is Awful - What do I say? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I just reestablished e-contact with an old college friend; we dated a little and were thinking of taking things up again. He sent me a copy of a book he just wrote and is trying to publish; he is very anxious to hear my opinion and is hounding me for it. I think it's a mess! It's all over...

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

View more questions Search