Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Sep 19, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Feeling Lost
    I feel so lost. I don't feel like I'm important to anyone. I'm so depressed, I have no confidence and I don't know why. No one wants me. I was on Lexapro for a couple months and I went off it because I didn't feel like I needed it anymore. Is that why I feel this way?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Did your doctors say it was okay to go off? The catch with drugs like that is that after you've been on them and they make you feel better you don't think you need them since you feel good. But it's the drug that is helping you feel better. Did you feel better when you were on those drugs?

Sep 19, 2007, 07:17 PM
    I think so, but it's hard to tell because it wasn't that big of a change, but I think I will go back on them.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Have you ever gone to counseling? When I was younger I felt the same way a lot. I felt as if everyone was too busy for me. As I got help I realized that it was just my view and that my view wasn't necessarily the way things actually were. Its hard when people get caught up in their lives and you feel left out. I know that reaching out to friends and just having a good time tends to help when you are feeling like this. If nothing else it makes you feel joyful and cared for.

Sep 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Yes, yesterday. I just haven't gone in a long time before that. I know I have people that love me but there are so many more people that don't care if I'm there or not. I think I need to start going to counseling more again and continue Lexapro. I just don't know what to do now.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 19, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Hey, you can beat this depression thing. Consult the doctor before making any decisions about medication, and remember when going of medication, do it slowly, gradually reducing the dose.
    You can do it! Just remember- life is gewd, and you can do anything you set your mind too.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Just be proactive in it. Simply by going back on the medication and starting counseling again you are saying that you don't want to feel this way and that's great. You should feel proud of yourself that you are able to recognize how you feel and be smart enough to do something about it.

Give it time. Listen to what your doctor says and I bet you'll be feeling much better in no time.

There are always going to be people in this life who could care less if you live or die. You need to not focus on those people and instead focus on the people who love you and touch your life daily. Those are the people who matter.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 19, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Your important to me rocker, you seem like such an awesome person

Sep 19, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Thank you both, I will do that. I do want to feel better and I hope I will soon.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:39 PM
    As long as you want it you can make it happen.

I agree with Cal you seem like a cool chick. You definitely seem like someone I would've been friends with in high school
    bluebear3 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick_682
    I feel so lost. I don't feel like I'm important to anyone. I'm so depressed, I have no confidence and I don't know why. No one wants me. I was on Lexapro for a couple months and I went off it because I didn't feel like I needed it anymore. Is that why I feel this way?
    Hey Rockerchick,
    I have been reading what you wrote and what the others have replied to you. They are right you know, you have believe in yourself and think positive! Who gives a damn about what others think! Do you ! One time I was like you, I was on prozac it is similar to Lexapro, I felt like ending it all, didn't want to be in this world at all. Myself confidences had gone right down to zero ! I felt worthless I went to conselling for a while and it slowly made me see sense- it takes time you know, but been around people that care about you and are there to listen to you makes it all worth while! You have to believe in yourself and be positive with in and let the negative vibes disappear - I don't know whether this will help you are not whether you are reglious are not- but even finding a peaceful place to sit and just relax the mind and sole and be at peace with yourself ! / or write down why you are feeling like this!
    I also found that when at work/outside if at lunch time, I use to sit with people who where quiet spoken rather then people who were loud speakers - quiet spoken people have away of speaking to you and listening to you! Well that is what I have found it has helped me a lot
    It is also very important Rockerchick and that is been kind to oneself! And don't be beating yourself up over things that you have no control of! You can do this, you will get through it it does take a lot time- but been positive and doing one thing at time. Just take each day as it comes and go with flow ! Be kind to yourself!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Feeling depressed, lost, and scared after a recent break up [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend has recently broken up with me (About 1 1/2 months ago) and I am feeling lost. We had been living together for about 2 months, and I had moved out of the place that I shared rent with my roomates. When she left, she left me with all of the bills that were partly her responsibility. I...

Feeling so lost :( [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I moved to london, england from New York when I was 11. I went to the same school for middle school and loved it, but my parents made me switch for high school. Now I feel like I don't have any real friends, and I don't want to stay here for the rest of high school, but I don't want to...

Feeling Lost... [ 21 Answers ]

Ok - so I have a great boyfriend some really good friends, my DJing is going well, however I feel really lost. I feel like I have no direction in life and I am not satisfied with my life as it is. I want want most girls want - to get married, have a house of my own and a family (one day) - but...

Feeling a bit lost! [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya, Well don't know where to start but this year feels like am on a big roller coaster or on one of the turning tea cups that just won't stop. I have been back and forth between two countries, trying to look for a job, and I'm trying to change careers but losing hope on that. Love life seems...

View more questions Search